All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What a rush to judgement. We need to quit making something out of nothing. You are 100% wrong.
For those who disliked the post. I'm confused. I responded to a post in which an individual called an athlete names for something she did not do. I had repeatedly explained in prior posts that she was wrongfully accused. But instead of looking into the facts (thus the rush to judgement remark) the poster chose to make accusations and call names anyway (making something out of nothing). I knew that the accusations were 100% wrong so I stated such.

If your child was this athlete would you feel it was acceptable for someone to treat them in this manner despite the fact they did nothing wrong ? Or, would you hope that someone defended them ?

We're really STILL talking about this?
tumblr_mtbufrOGsO1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Oh my God....I went to sleep and it's like nothing changed?

Is it try-outs yet? Anymore 3 year olds getting that BHS for Mini 5? Come on crazy people...come out and end this mess.

x2! Both of my girls are World Champions! I am still in shock. I honestly don't have words. I know I did the early celebration thing and I feel horrible about it but I can't even put in to words what it was like to see your kids and their teammates put it all out on the mat and move up from 8th place. My oldest is a senior so to see her and her other teammates be called out as World Champions is just a dream come true for them!!
@quitthedrama You're human...don't feel badly! You have been through all the ups and downs with your girls and when something like this happens...you're entitled to celebrate!!! Congrats congrats congrats!!! (from another mom perhaps also guilty of early celebration not too long ago ;) )

Not the broken back. But I saw at least one concussion, one horrible broken leg, two blown out knees. I did say that I witnessed more injuries than I ever had before at any comp. And I have been watching cheer for 10 years!

What is alarming about the amount of injuries is that the athletes should be at a point in their season where their skills are honed and competition ready. Most injuries happen during the intensity phase of training (and even with that there are systems one can put in place to minimize risk). Did the injuries happen in warm up or on the competition floor? Some factors that should be an open discussion to minimize in the future:

1. Was their warm up sufficient?
2. Was there a long gap between warm up and competition?
3. Is the scoring consistent or did the athletes face a challenge of change too soon? (Anxiety and adrenaline can go either way)
4. Was there travel time considered? Example those traveling the farthest allowed longer recovery.
5. Was their actual compete time at a reasonable hour?
6. Do the coaches monitor curfews and set standards for rest?
7. Were systems put in place to consider the elements both inside and out (hydration for example) and heat exposure?
8. Was there a problem with the mat/equipment?
9. Was medical personnel on hand to monitor both the warm up and competition areas?
10. Were the skills competition ready or not? Until execution becomes the highest priority on the score sheet there is more likely than not to be problems. I saw ALOT of pictures of pyramids (for instance) where it was tweeted that they "HIT" and yet the structure was not anything I would deem safe. Nor would I ever give it a good score for "just hitting". That to me is a crapshoot.

What is alarming about the amount of injuries is that the athletes should be at a point in their season where their skills are honed and competition ready. Most injuries happen during the intensity phase of training (and even with that there are systems one can put in place to minimize risk). Did the injuries happen in warm up or on the competition floor? Some factors that should be an open discussion to minimize in the future:

1. Was their warm up sufficient?
2. Was there a long gap between warm up and competition?
3. Is the scoring consistent or did the athletes face a challenge of change too soon? (Anxiety and adrenaline can go either way)
4. Was there travel time considered? Example those traveling the farthest allowed longer recovery.
5. Was their actual compete time at a reasonable hour?
6. Do the coaches monitor curfews and set standards for rest?
7. Were systems put in place to consider the elements both inside and out (hydration for example) and heat exposure?
8. Was there a problem with the mat/equipment?
9. Was medical personnel on hand to monitor both the warm up and competition areas?
10. Were the skills competition ready or not? Until execution becomes the highest priority on the score sheet there is more likely than not to be problems. I saw ALOT of pictures of pyramids (for instance) where it was tweeted that they "HIT" and yet the structure was not anything I would deem safe. Nor would I ever give it a good score for "just hitting". That to me is a crapshoot.

There has been a lot of talk about the actual mats. When I showed my husband the list, his first question was "Have they checked the floor?"

From what I saw, the injury count between floor and warm-up is about half and half.

For those who disliked the post. I'm confused. I responded to a post in which an individual called an athlete names for something she did not do. I had repeatedly explained in prior posts that she was wrongfully accused. But instead of looking into the facts (thus the rush to judgement remark) the poster chose to make accusations and call names anyway (making something out of nothing). I knew that the accusations were 100% wrong so I stated such.

If your child was this athlete would you feel it was acceptable for someone to treat them in this manner despite the fact they did nothing wrong ? Or, would you hope that someone defended them ?
Okay excuse me (sorry everyone for continuing this silly debate) but I have to address this, since I'm pretty sure this "poster" you're talking about is me.

1. I did not "call an athlete names". I never mentioned an individual athlete at all.
2. Calling a situation "bullying" when it appeared to be just that is not name calling.
3. Unless you saw the picture being taken with your own eyes, you have no way of knowing if any of us are "100% wrong"
4. That comment is the first one I have ever given a dislike rating to, congratulations
5. You are completely misrepresenting what I initially said, perhaps to make out like I was being some sort of a bully
6. I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS, WORLDS IS OVER

I have never on this board spoken so fiercely, and I feel very uncomfortable about doing so, but I can't believe what you just wrote.

Last edited:
I think part of the issue is, we know who needs to hold the athletes accountable, and it's easy for us to say X, Y, Z needs done...but when it comes from fans-who very well may not be affiliated with ANY program, who can we say needs to hold them accountable? Their parents, yes, but we can't find a way of telling their parents to get a handle on their child's social media presence because we don't know who they are. And maybe this is a topic for a new thread, maybe there really is no topic anymore, but to me, that's another issue in itself...no one is threatening to kick some of these children out of gyms, off teams, etc. so what is there to stop them. Would a message from the coach/owner of the team they're "defending" calm them down? Maybe...but they don't have time to do that...now if they wanted to hire a social media monitor to do that outside contacting, give me a call--but until we can have someone hold them accountable, the athletes they're defending shouldn't encourage/retweet/act in the same way to set that example, and that's about all we can hold to a standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Cali debate is making me miss all the crazy teal army people who used to post.

Liiikeee people... just because they are teenagers doesn't mean they need every excuse thrown in there justifying their actions. They're TEENAGERS... they're known to do silly things, spiteful things, and need to be educated on the correct way of handling things . End of. I had to learn the hard way too.

It's not the first time this group of individuals have used less than a brain cell regarding social media... old habits die hard - it won't be the last. Hopefully life will educate them when they're out there in the real world, because their coaches sure aren't (and neither are our debates)

From,
A Welsh Tennessean who cheered in California and lived that drama day in, day out.

Is this even true?

You know there are more. These are just the one from well known teams. I know there was an injury or 2 from local teams (one knee for sure) that aren't noticed cos these teams aren't well known. I couldn't give a reason though for thee other injuries (mats, not a good enough warm up, tired, etc.)

On a different note with Cali Smoed, I overheard my youngest CP talking with some of her friends from her cheer team. They were basically talking about how much they love how this team is made up of all colors, races, etc. from African Americans, Hispanics, blondes, brunettes, strait, gay, etc. It reminded them of themselves and their Cheer team. They loved seeing a team with such diversity win. I love that all star cheer truly represents a diversity of athletes from all different walks of life from the very rich kid who has her own personal cheer gym built into her house (yes we know a girl with her own personal cheer gym) to the kid who is on a gym scholarship and has a Mom from the gym help provide the transportation so he can have rides to practice. All star cheer truly can bring everyone together!

Back