All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean...
I sure as heck have not been a Smoed supporter this year, and I can honestly say I agree with him. That team has received more criticism this year and hate than probably any team out there, so I can understand him being like that. Granted that doesn't mean he has to blast it all over social media but still.

I'm finally caught up on all worlds threads, twitter, livestream etc. I know this probably isn't going to be well put together or probably that convincing, but can I please just say something that's been really important to me.

The sportsmanship at cali can be debated back and forth. Some people have said horrible things- yes. I don't forgive or forget that. I'm not saying they don't deserve blame for what they did previously or currently. But its gone so so far. Other people have done horrible things too- but its not remembered and barely mentioned. Because of a select few athletes on a single team I've come across so much hate this weekend towards my gym I can't begin to tell you guys. Yes, those few athletes represent our gym. I'm aware. But it's gotten to the point where I know of so many (even lots of lower level) athletes who have cried multiple times this weekend because of how much hate we've received as a gym. I've seen tweets saying "Aces prop is f**king stupid", "Lets hope that stupid smoed flyer breaks her face again", "Cali is the ugliest and most disrespectful program I've ever seen" and there's so many more and sadly they get way worse. For Christ sakes there are so many GROWN ADULTS on here that literally wished them to do bad. Yes we do all have flaws. But wishing a team of 20 teenagers to do horrible? That disgusts me. I hoped Brandon hit both days- even if that meant Smoed lost.

I literally threw up from reading all the tweets and posts on here about smoed. I get it you guys don't like them. It's okay. I don't care what team at all I would NEVER hope for a mess up. As most of you know, I shimmied so many posts all hoping for Brandon, all happy for generals etc. I also shimmied everyone being nice to our program for this reason. The team I was on this season (A level one at a gym hours away from smoed) was told we deserve last because of smoed. It's gone too far. I don't know how many times I need to say it. I know if you're reading this you think I sound crazy. Honestly if I was reading it I would think the same! I never pictured being so upset over another team. It's not easy to just let the hate not affect you when you're thrown into it constantly. Cheer accounts everywhere have made even more people not like smoed when they don't even know correct information half the time.

You're tired of smoed winning? It doesn't matter if its boring to you. Should some team come from 40th and be a world champion because it's less boring? No. I saw someone wondering if they even were happy anymore. Yes they're ecstatic. They've worked so hard this season (although you can't see as many of their bears and bunnies ;)) and to have it finally come together i'm so proud of them. If you can see the picture it shows how much they're crying and how happy they are.

I'm really sorry with how long this is, I just hope at least a few people read it and try to understand. It's a hard feeling to describe when your gym isn't congratulated at all for winning worlds and only attacked. They shouldn't have to be sorry for winning. Other athletes from different locations and levels shouldn't have to be crying because people are so mean to our gym. I would trade nothing for this gym and have gone through hell and back to make it happen. It's the best thing in the world that's happened to me yet we're seen as the worst gym and it truly hurts.

Well said, sweety. Well said. Xoxo

I mean...
I sure as heck have not been a Smoed supporter this year, and I can honestly say I agree with him. That team has received more criticism this year and hate than probably any team out there, so I can understand him being like that. Granted that doesn't mean he has to blast it all over social media but still.

They have received criticism and hate because of exactly what he's doing... How do they not understand they are literally fueling their own fire?

I am so glad I went and did errands.

A huge congrats to Vizion---that was an amazing 2nd place finish and with only one boy my mind is blown.
Congrats to BSB on taking 3rd---for a team who has practically taken first everywhere they've gone, this one weekend doesn't define how absolutely amazing you were this entire season. Globe color doesn't matter; you're Gold to me.

When is IOC5 awards?
Division is done around 8

Back