All-Star Cheerlebs On New Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Even making $5000 a photo you'd only have to make 20 posts to get to six figures, which is crazy to think about.
Other things I've seen promoted include: movies (can't think of which one right now), bareminerals, alyce paris/Shari hill prom dresses, salons, hover boards, lulus, fabfitfun, Burger King (lolol), little boutiques, weight loss/detox teas, you get the idea.
I'm sure a lot of these offer them free stuff rather than paying them (what high schooler would turn down a free Shari hill dress for prom, especially when they go to multiple prom-like events a year between champs league, prom, and the majors) but even if they're being paid for half of the things they promote, with how often they do it they're making a significant amount when you add it all up. Now, the cheerlebs promoting the real big brands rather than bows and rebel aren't common, it's girls with around 500k followers and basically the biggest names but still. There are a few out there who definitely could have reached 6 figures or at least paid for a college education by promoting on Instagram.

That Burger King promotion wasn't them being approached to promote. There were fliers up at any Burger King telling everyone to post with those hashtags when the chicken fries came back. Lol

And you are all forgetting the money one makes having a YouTube channel. I promise you, the selct few make enough money to pay for all four years of college.

This makes me think of the debate over whether the NCAA should pay athletes. The main argument there is that many of the athletes aren't able to have outside jobs to get pocket money. Some kids might be getting full athletic scholarships but might not have the luxury of a family income helping out. I would imagine some of these high profiled athletes don't have time to work at the mall or at a restaurant like many other kids. I see nothing wrong with making some $$ by promoting things.

Sure there is the aspect that some of these athletes promoting products are 'wealthy' but still. I'm in no way a supporter of this celebrity culture of our sport but being used to promote products is not the worst thing possible. These companies obviously see that these athletes are influential in an important demographic.

Yeah, I think we had a thread on her or something? The mom was a teen mom and clearly living through the kiddo making her custom SMo3D sports bras and things. She brought her along to cheer comps and would pose her with cheerlebs, but clearly no 2 year old is begging to meet strangers and sit in a loud, crowded, chaotic venue all day. Regardless, the brain tumor diagnosis was very sad and I think people were really mean that she got "fat."

Speaking of, any updates on her? Is she in remission?
Did the kids name start with an 'A'?

If you're of age to choose to promote and fly all over the country, that is one thing. Whether I am a fan or cheerlebrity culture or not is another story but you are certainly old enough to choose that, if you're a teenager.

I was just commenting on the fact that this kid was 3.

THREE.

I just find it so strange that people cart their kids all over the country for meet and greets at age 3.

For what?

So maybe some folks who cheer on Worlds teams will take pics with your kid?

I guess to some that is fame, I suppose.

If you're of age to choose to promote and fly all over the country, that is one thing. Whether I am a fan or cheerlebrity culture or not is another story but you are certainly old enough to choose that, if you're a teenager.

THREE.

I just find it so strange that people cart their kids all over the country for meet and greets at age 3.

For what?

A three year old being a "cheerleb" is really a parent who feels like they've missed their chance...

THREE.

For what?

If it's the same one we're talking about she is now 4 about to turn 5 but has been "a cheerleb" since she was 2/3.

She also recently got verified on Instagram. For what I'm not sure, but she has the little blue check mark thing next to her name.

Lol I'm verified on Twitter (and Periscope and Vine because they're Twitter products) and make zero dollars because of it.

Lol I'm verified on Twitter (and Periscope and Vine because they're Twitter products) and make zero dollars because of it.

I can understand you being verified being a journalist, especially within politics. It was more of a "I'm not sure why, but....." thing haha.

If you don't mind me asking, did you have to do something to get verified or were you verified by the outlet itself? What does the verification process even really mean/consist of? I mean, I know that it means it's the legit person and not a copy-profile, but it still makes me scratch my head how they choose who to verify.

I can understand you being verified being a journalist, especially within politics. It was more of a "I'm not sure why, but....." thing haha.

If you don't mind me asking, did you have to do something to get verified or were you verified by the outlet itself? What does the verification process even really mean/consist of? I mean, I know that it means it's the legit person and not a copy-profile, but it still makes me scratch my head how they choose who to verify.

I'm assuming after she/her parents had to fight instagram to take down the 345467 fake profiles of her, it was the natural next step. Less of a headache for instagram at the end of the day.

Back