All-Star Cheersport Divisions?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2010
Hi,

I am entering a team into Cheersport Nationals however we are from United Kingdom. So divisions over hear are different. I have worked out the difference in age brackets, but I have a few other questions about divisions if anyone can answer them...

1) What is the difference between Senior Coed Small 3 Division I and Senior Coed Small 3 Division II?

2) If we have 300 athlete's within our club in the UK, but are only competing with 21 at Cheersport does that still make us a large gym?

3) What is the boundary for small and large?

Last edited:
Hi,

I am entering a team into Cheersport Nationals however we are from United Kingdom. So divisions over hear are different. I have worked out the difference in age brackets, but I have a few other questions about divisions if anyone can answer them...

1) What is the difference between Senior Coed Small 3 Division I and Senior Coed Small 3 Division II?

2) If we have 300 athlete's within our club in the UK, but are only competing with 21 at Cheersport does that still make us a large gym?

3) What is the boundary for small and large?

I think the divisions are simply because so many people compete in it. I might be wrong but I always assumed this was the same as what they do with the small coed qualifiers at worlds?

1) Cheersport will make division splits according to USASF rules based on the number of teams entering in each age/level. You will find out which division you are in when you get the schedule, a week or two before the event. This year, Cheersport may divide by division I/Division II gyms (small gym/large gym) if a certain number of teams enter in each division (small team/large team divisions first, then division I/II splits after certain criteria are met).

2) Division I= a gym with 126 or more all star or all star prep athletes; this should not take into account tumbling or rec class athletes that don't compete. Division II = 125 or fewer all star or all star prep athletes. Generally, this is done automatically by athletes registered in the USASF database. You fall into an interesting situation - while I would say that you should fall into Division I based on your gym size, I would guess that you don't register your athletes through USASF for competitions in the UK, so it will likely look like your entire gym is comprised of your one Cheersport team. Contact Cheersport or USASF for this question - they can answer it much better as to how you should proceed.

3) Small teams are those with 5-20 athletes, large are 21-32 (assuming non Worlds divisions here - worlds divisions are different).

1) Cheersport will make division splits according to USASF rules based on the number of teams entering in each age/level. You will find out which division you are in when you get the schedule, a week or two before the event. This year, Cheersport may divide by division I/Division II gyms (small gym/large gym) if a certain number of teams enter in each division (small team/large team divisions first, then division I/II splits after certain criteria are met).

2) Division I= a gym with 126 or more all star or all star prep athletes; this should not take into account tumbling or rec class athletes that don't compete. Division II = 125 or fewer all star or all star prep athletes. Generally, this is done automatically by athletes registered in the USASF database. You fall into an interesting situation - while I would say that you should fall into Division I based on your gym size, I would guess that you don't register your athletes through USASF for competitions in the UK, so it will likely look like your entire gym is comprised of your one Cheersport team. Contact Cheersport or USASF for this question - they can answer it much better as to how you should proceed.

3) Small teams are those with 5-20 athletes, large are 21-32 (assuming non Worlds divisions here - worlds divisions are different).
Just to clarify, Cheersport has always had many divisions split division I and division II and then a separate small gym division. I don't know how the new rules will affect these splits, but I would think there would still be a similar set-up. I would contact Cheersport directly and they will advise as to where you should be placed. Good luck at Cheersport - it will be great to see some international teams there!

Back