All-Star Cheersport Nationals Updates Day 1 (saturday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Very cool visual effect and fantastic choreography. I'm certain that Victor got this approved ahead of time, but how does that not violate the prop rule?

9. Flags, banners, signs, pom pons, megaphones and pieces of cloth are the only props allowed. Props with poles or similar support apparatus may not be used in conjunction with any kind of stunt or tumbling.

It wouldn't be the first time that TG found a loophole in the rules that no one else thought was possible. Im not asking because I think they should get a legality, but just trying to figure out what the reasoning was.

There would have to be a loophole there and here:

"Tumbling over, under, or through a stunt, individual, or prop, is not allowed."

TG is incredibly creative but I get a little frustrated that others haven't done it, maybe, because it isn't legal.

**ACE: we're coming to your city.**

There would have to be a loophole there and here:

"Tumbling over, under, or through a stunt, individual, or prop, is not allowed."

TG is incredibly creative but I get a little frustrated that others haven't done it, maybe, because it isn't legal.

I think the props with support rule is still up for debate, but this one I believe is fine because rebounding technically isn't tumbling.

Cheer Corps: 1SF

Lady Elite: 1 TB, 1 SB, 2 TD in Jumps, 1 TD, 1 PYR Issue

CEA Smoex: 1OOB, Pyr base on floor

I think the props with support rule is still up for debate, but this one I believe is fine because rebounding technically isn't tumbling.

I know there are specific exceptions for rebounding over a person and rebounding into a stunt. Where is it outlined about rebounding not being tumbling? I can't find it. Thanks.

I know there are specific exceptions for rebounding over a person and rebounding into a stunt. Where is it outlined about rebounding not being tumbling? I can't find it. Thanks.

It may just be my interpretation, but IMO it doesn't meet the definition of tumbling in the glossary. I'm not a coach or any type of expert, so I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, which very well may be the case.

It may just be my interpretation, but IMO it doesn't meet the definition of tumbling in the glossary. I'm not a coach or any type of expert, so I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong, which very well may be the case.

You aren't the only one that has said that, so you may (and are likely to) be right.

And I can see that "rebound" may truly not be tumbling when used in the traditional sense. But I wonder if this is really a "rebound" or not.

You aren't the only one that has said that, so you may (and are likely to) be right.

And I can see that "rebound" may truly not be tumbling when used in the traditional sense. But I wonder if this is really a "rebound" or not.

I assume its how a T-jump is a rebound and not a jump when you go into a BHS in level 2?

I just went back and watched the videos with this scoresheet in mind, and I agree with the rankings.
They're rewarding the difficult elements of SE's stunt sequence - which are hard to appreciate with so much going on all at different times. Then there's the pyramid. I think that's what edged out SS.

Ironically, old Cheersport rewarded clean, clean, clean! It might have been Panthers and F5 on that scoresheet.

I assume its how a T-jump is a rebound and not a jump when you go into a BHS in level 2?

Tumbling is "Any gymnastic or acrobatic skill that begins and ends on the performing surface." But I don't see a definition of "gymnastic, acrobatic or skill" in the glossary. Maybe those are just givens.

But they do a tuck jump, don't they? Then that woldn't be a simple rebound.

And in the rules it states:
Tumbling over, under, or through a stunt, individual, or prop, is not allowed. Clarification: An individual may jump (rebound) over another individual.
Even if it were a simple rebound, only the rebound over another individual is allowed. To me the clarification would mean that a) a rebound is tumbling and b) that a rebound over, under or through a stunt or prop is not allowed.

Not even one point difference between first and fifth place :eek:View attachment 775

These results got me looking at my phone like

Bmma9sUIQAAHCt1.jpg

T&S Diamonds: 1 SB, 1 TD

Fire & Ice smcoed: 1SB, tumble omission, 1 under rotated Toss

Ohio Extreme: 2TD

Charlotte Teal: 1 standing tumble omission, 1TD, 1SF, routine stopped floor cleared

MT WGs: 1 TB, 1 TD in Running

Back