OT Chik-fil-a Conflict?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 28, 2012
What does everyone think about it? I believe everyone has a right to their own opinions. Comments?

AzOuRIlCUAAOJHG.jpg

We don't have Chick-fil-A in New York. Nor Dairy Queen. We did recently get Sonic though...
Not really sure what the big deal is though. If you want someone's political and racial and religious views to match yours and that's why you choose to eat or not eat at their restaurant, then more power to you and don't eat there. Or maybe eat there twice a day if that's what floats your boat.

It's a sandwich. It's not an anti-gay sandwich filled with hate and breaded with prejudice. It's a wonderfully delicious chicken sandwich. The man was asked his personal opinion and he gave it. If people boycotted every business with a view different than their own on something COMPLETELY irrelevant to the product being sold...fill in the blank. IT'S A SANDWICH COMPANY -- he's not running for office!

They only problem I have with them is that they do donate to organizations that try to squash lgbt rights. I've been told that by some of my gay friends that when they see their friends go their it's like a slap in the face because of that. I do love their food, though.

This is my problem with it too. It's one thing to have personal opinion, and his opinion alone would not stop me from eating there, it's easy to assume a religious dude is opposed to gay marriage. It's the fact that the money I spend there may be donated to a cause I oppose that turns me off.

I put it like this to someone the other day: Would you eat somewhere if you knew the money you spent could be donated to white supremacy groups?

Their take on gay marriage is extremely disappointing, and overly publicized with "family day" but it doesn't stop me from eating it. I like their food. Doesn't mean I agree with them!

Never been. Now never will. It's fine with me, though. I like when companies are up front about causes I support. Helps me be more knowledgeable about where I go with my business. I'm in NYC now..doubt we'll ever have one.

I did see a video that a girl made where she went around interviewing people about it. It's not the best promo for that belief set, though. Think of a step above People of Walmart, except instead of tacky outfits it's people misspeaking in the worst possible way.

Never been. Now never will. It's fine with me, though. I like when companies are up front about causes I support. Helps me be more knowledgeable about where I go with my business. I'm in NYC now..doubt we'll ever have one.

I did see a video that a girl made where she went around interviewing people about it. It's not the best promo for that belief set, though. Think of a step above People of Walmart, except instead of tacky outfits it's people misspeaking in the worst possible way.
Aaaaaah People of Walmart....
Funny Pictures at WalMart

Back