OT Choosing A School In Southern California. Need Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 14, 2009
So I've decided Im going to bowling green state in ohio starting in the fall 2012 semester as a freshmen for at least two years. I'm going to be studying sports medicine/athletic training. I know that at some point I will be moving to California, I just don't know yet if I want to go to school for 2 years and then transfer or move out there for Grad school. I really don't know anything about any of the schools out there because their system is set up so differently. ANyways, what are some good universities in the southern california? preferably around los angeles, long beach, or the hermosa/redondo/manhattan beach area, but I would be willing to look a few hours outside of that area.

i really want to go there
me too! My mom always tells me i shouldn't worry about how much a school costs because its an investment, and i've wanted to go there ever since i was a little kid. It suckks because since its a private school theres only one tuition price and its $42,162..... I didn't apply this year because i don't have the best grades and I wouldn't get in but really think i'm going to try my hardest to either transfer there after 2 years or go there for grad school. My aunt graduated from there too

USC, UCLA, Cal State Long Beach, and UCI (kind of) are in the LA area and good schools. There's also Cal State LA/Dominguez Hills, and TONS of community colleges. San Diego is way south (think last stop before Mexico) so it's pretty far from LA.

me too! My mom always tells me i shouldn't worry about how much a school costs because its an investment, and i've wanted to go there ever since i was a little kid. It suckks because since its a private school theres only one tuition price and its $42,162..... I didn't apply this year because i don't have the best grades and I wouldn't get in but really think i'm going to try my hardest to either transfer there after 2 years or go there for grad school. My aunt graduated from there too
my parents went there and i visited it and i liked it alot but im gonna have to work on my grades to get in.

USC, UCLA, Cal State Long Beach, and UCI (kind of) are in the LA area and good schools. There's also Cal State LA/Dominguez Hills, and TONS of community colleges. San Diego is way south (think last stop before Mexico) so it's pretty far from LA.
I loved cal state long beach, but it seemed kind of like a commuter school? I'm looking for a 4 year university because I'm going to move out there for grad school. I know its still a while away but i wanted to at least start looking so i know what i have to do to get in.

I went to UCI and absolutely loved it. When I was there, it was considered a commuter school but they just finished construction on a ton of on campus housing so that might have changed. I know people who go to CSULB and live by there. It's really all about what you make it.

Back