All-Star Choreography Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 20, 2012
how do you guys run your choreography camps? such as what month do you do them and hours and what not. i'm finding my teams approach is quite odd compared to other teams.
thanks!

We start in mid-July and finish up in mid-August. Each team gets 6 hours a day and we do 2 teams per weekend.

We start next week (3 days straight all day) and continue through the month of August for about 6 hours a week on top of practices.

New gym so this is my cp's first camp with them but they are doing all jr and sr teams this week. Some for 2 days 9-4 some for 2 1/2, some for 3.

i've come to notice that most teams do two or three full days from morning to night.

our team does a saturday and sunday morning from 8 to 12 and that's it. i found it kinda of short. and seeing that other teams are practicing from 8 to 4 or even later, i thought it was strange that we had such a short period of time.

i used to do all the choreo at my old gym. and i broke it up into 4hrs on a sat and 4hrs on a sunday.. and whatever we didnt finish which usually was the dance we did it at practice sometime later on!

this yr im at a gym that brings in choreographers but im still doing my teams choreo. im eager to learn and see how these choreographers work.. !

we do 2 camps - one is our skills & pyramid camp, just finished that up last week. we usually have 3-3hour sessions.
then in August we have our routine choreography - usually 2 full days - one day for the routine & one day for the dance.

We have a stunt camp for 4 days, 2.5hrs per day. Strictly putting together stunt sequences and pyramid.

This is the first year that we've hired an outside dance choreographer, and I believe that will be for one day in September.

The remainder of cheer choreography (formations, tumbling, jumps, etc) will either be done in a 3hr Saturday (extra) practice or during regular practice nights.

Back