All-Star Cmt Cheerleading Reality Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lifetime did Jersey Cheer, Dance Moms, and Cheerleader Nation. CMT is doing "Cheer"
i know lifetime did the first two i just remember watching cheerleader nation on cmt (maybe because i was in canada ) but regardless if jersey cheer and cheerleader nation didnt destroy cheerleading as we know it then i think CMT should be completely safe and smart airing cheer (if that makes any sense)

Dance Moms started out as positive...When dance parents where sent emails about the show originally, it was suppose to be called Just Dance and put dance in a positive light..It wasn't told to parents that it would be one girl, three tops and showing their trials, tribulations and happy moments of dance, nothing like it is now..

Actually, CMT just informed CJA that they will no longer follow CJA working hard at practice and competing at prestigious competitions. They changed the name of the show to "Cheer B*#tches and their Mommas" and through the wonders of modern videography and editing, it will now document the girls bullying others, partying on the weekends, and stealing their parents' credit cards. Patty Ann and her staff will coach via satellite from a padded cell, and the season finale will involve the parents blowing up the Jostens Center and Milk House as they chant "CJA, CJA, CJA!"

Ugh, CJA is furious but there's nothing they can do now because the footage has been shot :(

PS -- I figured I'd add some levity to a very serious thread about a show that won't be airing for another five months.

I have heard rumors of other gyms being contacted...do anyone know since the title is "Cheer" will other episodes or seasons be about other gyms? Just curious...

While I appreciate the positive attitude some have towards this show, there's a track record when it comes to reality TV that isn't promising.

When push comes to shove, shows like these depend on personalities and conflicts in order to do well. So I agree that it's naive to think this show will be free (or even mostly free) of that sort of thing.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Actually, CMT just informed CJA that they will no longer follow CJA working hard at practice and competing at prestigious competitions. They changed the name of the show to "Cheer B*#tches and their Mommas" and through the wonders of modern videography and editing, it will now document the girls bullying others, partying on the weekends, and stealing their parents' credit cards. Patty Ann and her staff will coach via satellite from a padded cell, and the season finale will involve the parents blowing up the Jostens Center and Milk House as they chant "CJA, CJA, CJA!"

Ugh, CJA is furious but there's nothing they can do now because the footage has been shot :(

PS -- I figured I'd add some levity to a very serious thread about a show that won't be airing for another five months.

That made me giggle :)

I understand where all of you CJA people are coming from...but it's a reality show. We all know the track record of 'reality' T.V. Just trying to brace the fall before it happens.

Meet some of the girls this weekend at Return to Atlantis! They're the sweetest! Some of my teammates and I got pictures with them! The whole program was amazing and none of them even seemed to be bothered by the camera men and CMT cast following them around! Tried to find Patty Ann for a picture but no luck! Maybe next year! :)

Seriously, every one keep calm and stop hating on "cheer". The show airs in September.. 5 mos away. If You think is going to be all of this negativity, then don't watch it. Simple as that.. No one is forcing you to. Everyone just needs to chill with all this "oh it's going to portray cheering negatively blah blah blah.." you don't know that. The only people that actually know for a fact what is going on is the film crew, production company, and patty Ann and her staff and cheerleaders. And I HIGHLY doubt if the whole thing was going to portray cheering or CJA in such a negative light, patty Ann wouldn't have ok'd it. Wait till it comes out before you start to judge.
Did she like the way she was portrayed on the other show? This is a serious question.

I agree with what was said above, nothing negative was ever portrayed on Cheerleader Nation if my memory serves me correctly. That was, however, back in what... 06? 07? People weren't quite as drama hungry as they seem to be today. All we can do is hope!
As for "come on b****es", I guess I'm one of the few who don't have an issue with it. I do see where peoples' issues may lie, I just am not personally offended by it. It's not like people in the cheer industry never use the term "bad b**ch" or say "WERK B**CH!!" It wasn't used in a derogatory or condescending manner, so I'm not too stressed about it.

ETA: this might be rude, but my biggest issue (from what I saw) was that the girl that tumbled in the opening thing (the whip to double revealing the title Jersey Cheer) had an underrotated double... I would have put better tumbling as that part but w.e!

Back