Coaching...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 7, 2012
New Coach here... I coach in Louisiana... I have been coaching for about 5 years.... However, the teams that I have coached in previous years were traditional game day cheerleaders.... Two years ago I took my first team to competition and we received a bid to nationals, we didn't fair to well but it was the experience that mattered the most. The next year I was hired at another school because of the ups and downs that exist with public education in New Orleans. I took that team to a Regional and State competition. Although the results of that competition wasn't as favorable as the year prior it was still a good experience as most of the girls had never formally been apart of a competing team. This year that same team is looking to get a bid to nationals. I have joined this site as a way to segment this team to a successful competing year.

Any advice on how I can get these girls ready would be greatly appreciated; as my views on competing are limited to my own experiences.

Thanks,
Coach Glenn

Make sure you're looking at whatever scoresheet you're competing under and try to max out your scores in each section. Don't waste you time doing unnecessary things in a routine

I agree with the above poster. Make sure to study the score sheet. Also, watch videos of previous teams in your area if you can. Decide what your team's strengths and weaknesses are and then make the routine off of that. GOOD LUCK!!!

Latest posts

Back