College Coed ONLY Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 9, 2023
Soooo I've been looking at college cheer programs, and ALOT of them are strictly coed, no AG groups, every girl must be a flyer. Why's that? I honestly find it so unfair because I want to be able to cheer in college, but I'm definitely no flyer. I am a base/backspot, so I definitely can't fly whatsoever. Yea I guess I can "learn," but I am a bit on the heavier side so naturally, I just base and backspot which I definitely don't mind. But why do some colleges not have any AG groups in their coed team?

Small coed, uses girl bases. They only allow 4 boys on small coed. Large coed, many girls tumble and mid layer. There are also lots of all girl teams.

Small coed, uses girl bases. They only allow 4 boys on small coed. Large coed, many girls tumble and mid layer. There are also lots of all girl teams.
You mean 5 boys on small coed? Speaking of which, there are plenty of colleges that have all girl teams like Alabama, WKU, Oklahoma, Morehead State, West Georgia, USF, Louisville and many others. The main reason for the majority of colleges (particularly NCAA-FBS teams) having large coed teams is the fact that it is the most traditional with teams such as Kentucky, Tennessee, UCF, LSU, Florida (though the Gators do have an all-girl club team), Auburn, Georgia (though the Bulldogs do have an all-girl club team), Ohio State, Cincinnati, Michigan State and several others having large coed-only teams.

You mean 5 boys on small coed? Speaking of which, there are plenty of colleges that have all girl teams like Alabama, WKU, Oklahoma, Morehead State, West Georgia, USF, Louisville and many others. The main reason for the majority of colleges (particularly NCAA-FBS teams) having large coed teams is the fact that it is the most traditional with teams such as Kentucky, Tennessee, UCF, LSU, Florida (though the Gators do have an all-girl club team), Auburn, Georgia (though the Bulldogs do have an all-girl club team), Ohio State, Cincinnati, Michigan State and several others having large coed-only teams.

Sorry, 5. I was close. LOL

Back