OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I think Rice is strongest out of those for pre-med programs, but undergrad science is pretty much equal across the board. They're about all equally hard to get in to, UNC-CH maybe slightly "easier" (all relative) than Brown or Rice. Do you want to go south? Do you want a big school? Are D1 sports important to you? Do you wanna be in a "big city"? Are you interested in the super-academically-liberal curriculum at Brown?
I swear, judging by this thread you know everything about college.
Ideally, I'd like to either stay in California or go to a Southern school. I'm not a big cold weather person. Which is my one huge I really don't like about Brown.
I want to go to a medium or large school, just not a tiny one where I feel like I'm still in high school.
D1 sports are definitely the icing on the cake if they have them but they're not a deciding factor. I would love to have them though.
I'm ok with either a medium or big city. As long as I'm not in some small town.
I actually really like how flexible Brown's system is. The freedom of it seems really nice.

I swear, judging by this thread you know everything about college.
Ideally, I'd like to either stay in California or go to a Southern school. I'm not a big cold weather person. Which is my one huge I really don't like about Brown.
I want to go to a medium or large school, just not a tiny one where I feel like I'm still in high school.
D1 sports are definitely the icing on the cake if they have them but they're not a deciding factor. I would love to have them though.
I'm ok with either a medium or big city. As long as I'm not in some small town.
I actually really like how flexible Brown's system is. The freedom of it seems really nice.

Haha definitely not everything, but I looked at the same general group of schools you seem to be considering so I have a bit of background.

Other schools to consider that are of the same academic-caliber but in Cali/the South... Vanderbilt, Duke ;), UVA, Emory, USC (Southern California), Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, maybe UMiami? And of course any of the UC schools. And perhaps Stanford if you think it's within reach. UNC-CH makes sense and falls closely in line with your factors, as well...Rice does too, but a bit more roughly (it's fairly small).

You'll get D1 athletics at just about all of those except Emory, I believe. Further, Vandy, Duke and Emory fall into the "medium school" category, where the others lean more toward "big" schools. Another thing to consider: do you know if you prefer private or public schools? Private: Vandy, Duke, Emory, USC, Wake, UMiami, Rice, Brown; Public: UVA, Georgia Tech, UC schools, UNC-CH...

Duke has a fairly lenient curriculum, FWIW. There's only one "required" class during your entire 4 years (a freshman writing class). Not quite as free as Brown's program, but something to consider.

Do you know anything else about your preferences yet?

Haha definitely not everything, but I looked at the same general group of schools you seem to be considering so I have a bit of background.

Other schools to consider that are of the same academic-caliber but in Cali/the South... Vanderbilt, Duke ;), UVA, Emory, USC (Southern California), Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, maybe UMiami? And of course any of the UC schools. And perhaps Stanford if you think it's within reach. UNC-CH makes sense and falls closely in line with your factors, as well...Rice does too, but a bit more roughly (it's fairly small).

You'll get D1 athletics at just about all of those except Emory, I believe. Further, Vandy, Duke and Emory fall into the "medium school" category, where the others lean more toward "big" schools. Another thing to consider: do you know if you prefer private or public schools? Private: Vandy, Duke, Emory, USC, Wake, UMiami, Rice, Brown; Public: UVA, Georgia Tech, UC schools, UNC-CH...

Duke has a fairly lenient curriculum, FWIW. There's only one "required" class during your entire 4 years (a freshman writing class). Not quite as free as Brown's program, but something to consider.

Do you know anything else about your preferences yet?
I don't really have a preference for the whole private vs public thing.
I was actually planning on applying to Stanford. I've also looked into some of the other schools you listed but not extensively. I'll definitely look into some of those.
That's awesome. I didn't know Duke had such open curriculum. I looked into it for a bit then just kind of stopped. I don't quite remember why. I might look into it a bit more.
I think I basically covered everything I'm looking for.
Thank you so much! You're really helpful!

So in the UK, we get conditional offers based on the grades they want us to get at the end of senior year rather than an acceptance (we don't do the SAT or anything similar for them to admit/reject us on) and I got my first offer today! :D

What's the difference b/w American and Canadian universities?
well i applied to both (because i lived in SC), and all the applications were the same, though no essay for Canadian ones!
and though i've never experiences US universities, i'm sure their very similar!
So im assuming other than atmosphere, it's mostly the same!

well if anyone has questions about canadian universities.. lol

What are your thoughts on uwaterloo and queens? I'm pursuing kinesiology, but I can't decide between which of the two. Or if I should cheer all stars or for the school.

What are your thoughts on uwaterloo and queens? I'm pursuing kinesiology, but I can't decide between which of the two. Or if I should cheer all stars or for the school.
Actually, i'm in Kin at Western so i'd recommend it! ahah, but out of Waterloo and Queens.. well we do have a big rivalry with Queens ;)! Both are actually great schools, but after living in the Waterloo region i kinda wanted out. Queens is a great school all together - there's a rivalry for a reason! But Waterloo had the first ever Kin program i believe?
Cheerleading wise - Western has one of the strongest University cheerleading programs, and there are all star cheer teams near all universities:
Waterloo is decently close to Cheersport Sharks (who i fully recommend :rolleyes:)
Queens is in Kingston where there (i believe, cause it used to be there) Kingston Elite
And By Western there is PCG Vipers :)

Latest posts

Back