OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What majors are you considering? And if you're interested in more Northern schools let me know! I looked at a really big variety up here!
I'm thinking about exercise science/kinesiology, pre physical therapy, pre med, or nursing. Haha well anything is helpful since I'm on the complete opposite side of the country that it makes it difficult to look at schools there!

has anyone on here gone to UC Santa Cruz? I love that area and it's right around where my family lives (Salinas Valley). My only concern is out of state tuition.
I don't go to UCSC but I'm from Santa Cruz. First off, Santa Cruz is GORGEOUS. Seriously, best place on earth. And the campus is no exception. It's up on a hill (lots of hiking across campus) and has lots of trees and a wonderful view of the ocean. If you're looking to study anything involving the ocean, UCSC is great for it because it's on the Monterey Bay. Most of the academics there are pretty good from what I've heard. I've heard very good things about most of their science programs.
The biggest thing that locals hate about UCSC is the whacked out students. Most of them are normal but a substantial portion of them are really out there. Those ones tend to be really vocal politically and very liberal. (Not saying being liberal is a bad thing, just giving you the heads up. They're a little intense) The professors tend to be really liberal too. The way UCSC is in terms of people reflects on the town itself a lot. If you've ever been to downtown Santa Cruz, you know what I'm talking about.
That's about all I know about UCSC but PM me if you have any questions about Santa Cruz :)

I don't go to UCSC but I'm from Santa Cruz. First off, Santa Cruz is GORGEOUS. Seriously, best place on earth. And the campus is no exception. It's up on a hill (lots of hiking across campus) and has lots of trees and a wonderful view of the ocean. If you're looking to study anything involving the ocean, UCSC is great for it because it's on the Monterey Bay. Most of the academics there are pretty good from what I've heard. I've heard very good things about most of their science programs.
The biggest thing that locals hate about UCSC is the whacked out students. Most of them are normal but a substantial portion of them are really out there. Those ones tend to be really vocal politically and very liberal. (Not saying being liberal is a bad thing, just giving you the heads up. They're a little intense) The professors tend to be really liberal too. The way UCSC is in terms of people reflects on the town itself a lot. If you've ever been to downtown Santa Cruz, you know what I'm talking about.
That's about all I know about UCSC but PM me if you have any questions about Santa Cruz :)
haha I 100% understand what you're saying. A majority of the people in the whole Salinas Valley area are out there haha. But I guess that's what makes it appealing to me, the character of the area I guess? lol.
My dad grew up there, and most of his siblings and his mom live in Watsonville. (the good part...if you could consider watsonville having a good part, lol.)And my cousin goes there, might talk to her a little about it. And I would think the campus would be gorgeous, monteray itself is gorgeous! But I think I know enough about the area itself, used to live in Sacramento and drive up when I was a baby, and we go out there as often as we can, I'm just interested in courses and such. I guess I'll scope out the website! :)

I'm thinking about exercise science/kinesiology, pre physical therapy, pre med, or nursing. Haha well anything is helpful since I'm on the complete opposite side of the country that it makes it difficult to look at schools there!
PMed you.

I live in New England, am an incoming fresh in EP. PM me if you need help!

I have narrowed my choices down to NC State and Hofstra. I'd be transferring into both. I have visited NC State many times and I love it there. Has anyone gone to Hofstra ?

haha I 100% understand what you're saying. A majority of the people in the whole Salinas Valley area are out there haha. But I guess that's what makes it appealing to me, the character of the area I guess? lol.
My dad grew up there, and most of his siblings and his mom live in Watsonville. (the good part...if you could consider watsonville having a good part, lol.)And my cousin goes there, might talk to her a little about it. And I would think the campus would be gorgeous, monteray itself is gorgeous! But I think I know enough about the area itself, used to live in Sacramento and drive up when I was a baby, and we go out there as often as we can, I'm just interested in courses and such. I guess I'll scope out the website! :)
Just making sure you know :) Haha yes Watsonville does have some nice neighborhoods. I actually lived there for a year and it's not that bad.
Good luck :) I hope it all works out

I'm only going to be a junior this year but here's some of the ones i've been planning to look at with my mom this coming summer
-UNC Chapel Hill (i probably won't get in. its always worth a try?:rolleyes:)
-University of Kentucky
-Florida State University
-University of Louisville
-University of Alabama
-University of Tennessee; Chattanooga
-University of Florida

Kentucky is my first pick though. Not just because of cheer, cause lets face it i probably won't make it, but it's actually a really nice campus from what i've heard and its close enough to home that i can come home for the weekend if i want to, but its also far enough away that my mom doesn't expect me to be home for dinner every night. lol

What do y'all think of Valdosta State?
Idk I'm trying to come up with back-ups plans. Idk if I can make UCF coed. Its my dream team and dream school but I'm just having doubts... and I would do UGA but I just feel like EVERYONE here goes there!!

What do y'all think of Valdosta State?
Idk I'm trying to come up with back-ups plans. Idk if I can make UCF coed. Its my dream team and dream school but I'm just having doubts... and I would do UGA but I just feel like EVERYONE here goes there!!

Have you looked at GA Southern? My sister will be a freshman there this year and so far it seems to be a great fit and a beautiful campus!

Have you looked at GA Southern? My sister will be a freshman there this year and so far it seems to be a great fit and a beautiful campus!

My sister will (probably) be a freshman there next Fall. She really wants to try out for their all girl team. And yeah...I loved their campus!

Okay sorry y'all for all these posts. Any colleges in Cali that give full rides for cheer or give almost full rides for academics out of state?

Back