OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Whattttt. My housing alone is 5500 a year.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Our housing for a 4-person shared apartment is $4,000 and I believe we pay half at the beginning of every semester. I looked at the estimated prices on our school website and added up the prices for one semester the way that I did them (like they say you'll spend a lot on food but I just got a $500 dining plan) and my estimated cost was $6,724 a semester or $13,448 a year. $6,724 was pretty close to what my costs for this semester if I remember correctly.

Welp. My undergrad was $38k a year so color me jealous of all of you. I luckily had a scholarship to knock it down to $28 if I kept my gpa above a 3.3. My parents paid for my books as Xmas presents, but I am paying for the rest (and will be for probably another ten years thanks to the devil known as interest on my plethora of loans).

Thankfully my masters was only 6k a semester and I could defer my undergrad loans while I was in grad school. Not looking forward to next month when they're BOTH starting to come in again. I am very lucky and live at home, and just started a job after my grad school internship so can afford these loans, but no way would I be able to afford a rent on top of that. Ugh college is expensive.

I applied for housing and the roommate search today...eep! The thought of rooming with someone I barely know scares me but I don't know anyone else going to my school that will be in the honors dorm :(

I was actually thinking of transferring from here a couple months ago but i dont think my parents would like three schools in three years.
I think at first they might be mad your transfer but in the end if you're happy then they should be happy! Well I'm assuming since ever never met them lol

I wish my parents would help with college. I figured I'm going to have $45k in loans. My parents haven't even given me a care package. You all are very lucky that you've got parents that help..

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I was able to live on campus my first year and after that an apartment was up to me if I wanted it. But there was free rent, free food, and free laundry at home. I chose to live there instead of paying $600 a month, only downfall is I have a bit of chores but I'll take it!
Now I commute and a semester costs me an average of around $300, sometimes less or more depending on the classes I'm taking (lab fees, technology fees, grass mowing fee, etc). My parents pay for that and I pay for gas plus most things school related like books, parking passes, and supplies. You just have to find the right school and do some math, I'm sure you can make it work!

The first school I went to wasn't so bad since its a community college but it sucked this year being a transfer student.
I think it would be so hard to be a transfer since most people in your grade already know each other and all that.

Thats exactly it. At Carroll they have a huge welcome weekend so you can meet people. Transfer students get nothing and my random roommate switched schools so I didnt even have her to fall back on.
We have that too for freshman, and I think there might be a like transfer student get together thing too. Do you guys have a Facebook page for your class? Like ours is UWGB class of 2016 and people always post stuff like "looking for a roommate" or "anyone want a work out buddy?" I think a lot of people have met their now friends on there.

they did before they were students here but now nobody posts except for trying to find or sell books. You have to live on campus till youre at senior standing so it kinda sucks.
Really?! That sucks, you never have to live on campus here!

Yeah. The only way you can get out of it is if you live close enough to commute and then you can live off campus if you say you're living at home. I know some people who say they commute from Janesville so they don't have to live on campus since its so expensive. They have a process you can go through to be able to live off campus but its almost never approved.
That's crazy!

Back