OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Saw IU All Girl perform today. Mom said "are you sure you don't want to go to IU?" They were SICK. Can I say 3-peat?!

Also, any advice for finding scholarships? I have a good transcript and can write a killer essay but I'm having a lot of trouble finding ones that aren't specific to a major. I have found a few good ones but the other ones are like random monthly drawings and those are almost unrealistic.

So Im now looking at other schools. Any recommendations in illinois iowa Indiana wisconsin area?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
UWGB :D But if you want to stay closer to Illinois then check out UW-Milwaukee. I know lots of people that go there and they seem to like it. Or I'd say Marquette University, but it's so expensive. I would have loved to go there if I could have afforded it! I also have friends at UW-Oshkosh and they like it a lot there too.

Okay fierceboarders, I need your help. And before any of you say anything like "make your own decision", hear me out. I've heard back from the schools I've applied to except for one which I don't plan on attending. Right now I'm between Towson University, and University of Massachusetts Amherst which I've recieved a scholarship from. I was dead set on Towson for a couple of reasons: big campus, nice dorms, has my major, and I could super senior at Maryland Twisters with the hopes of improving my skills for Towson's team the following year. I could also coach at twisters. I know alot of you are probably thinking I shouldn't choose a college based on cheer, but I am majoring in sport management with the hopes of working in the cheer industry, coaching, etc. So it's extremely important to me plus I'm not ready to give up all star cheer. The downside to Towson is that it doesn't have the best academics. When I recieved my acceptance to UMass, I was torn because of the scholarship. Unlike Towson, I could make the cheer team my freshman year. But if I wanted to super senior or coach, I'd have to drive an hour to either ECE, pro, or USA wildcats. Additionally, UMass is farther from home but it does have better academics. Sorry for the rant but I'm having so much anxiety over my choice. I'm not expecting anyone to tell me where to go, but any advice at all is welcome. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it

Okay fierceboarders, I need your help. And before any of you say anything like "make your own decision", hear me out. I've heard back from the schools I've applied to except for one which I don't plan on attending. Right now I'm between Towson University, and University of Massachusetts Amherst which I've recieved a scholarship from. I was dead set on Towson for a couple of reasons: big campus, nice dorms, has my major, and I could super senior at Maryland Twisters with the hopes of improving my skills for Towson's team the following year. I could also coach at twisters. I know alot of you are probably thinking I shouldn't choose a college based on cheer, but I am majoring in sport management with the hopes of working in the cheer industry, coaching, etc. So it's extremely important to me plus I'm not ready to give up all star cheer. The downside to Towson is that it doesn't have the best academics. When I recieved my acceptance to UMass, I was torn because of the scholarship. Unlike Towson, I could make the cheer team my freshman year. But if I wanted to super senior or coach, I'd have to drive an hour to either ECE, pro, or USA wildcats. Additionally, UMass is farther from home but it does have better academics. Sorry for the rant but I'm having so much anxiety over my choice. I'm not expecting anyone to tell me where to go, but any advice at all is welcome. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it

Umass has one of the best SM programs in the country. When I was looking at schools (05/06) it was 2nd. I'd recommend that based on academics. If I had wanted a big school I would've gone there in a heartbeat. Plus they have some really nice dorms too (the North apts) which checks two things off your list! I'd say visit both again, sit in on classes, visit the actual town area too so you get a complete feel for your surroundings. I don't know how long the drive would be to cheer (2ish hours I'd say to ECE) but I'm sure you could find something. Also, scholarships are a huge plus if you're paying for school like I was/am.

Umass has one of the best SM programs in the country. When I was looking at schools (05/06) it was 2nd. I'd recommend that based on academics. If I had wanted a big school I would've gone there in a heartbeat. Plus they have some really nice dorms too (the North apts) which checks two things off your list! I'd say visit both again, sit in on classes, visit the actual town area too so you get a complete feel for your surroundings. I don't know how long the drive would be to cheer (2ish hours I'd say to ECE) but I'm sure you could find something. Also, scholarships are a huge plus if you're paying for school like I was/am.

Thank you so much!

@stuntjumptumble See if you can do an overnight visit. I did an overnight visit at my top school and after it I decided I didn't really like the school as much as I thought I did. I'm glad I went on that visit because if I didn't, I would of went to that school and I don't think I would of been unhappy.

@stuntjumptumble See if you can do an overnight visit. I did an overnight visit at my top school and after it I decided I didn't really like the school as much as I thought I did. I'm glad I went on that visit because if I didn't, I would of went to that school and I don't think I would of been unhappy.
I did an overnight visit at UMass but not Towson. This is a good suggestion, thank you!

@stuntjumptumble I have nothing to offer about the schools, but you might want to consider the cheer side of things a little differently. Do they attend UCA/NCA camps and competitions, would you be able to work camp staff for someone like NCA/UCA, what sports do the schools cheer for and will you be able to adapt to gameday cheering? It seems like the vast majority of people working for Varsity staffed for them at some point, and it's a great way to make connections that could help you down the road. Being able to super-senior is great, but making the team as a freshman and diving right in to the world of college cheer could be just as great for you and your future career.

The Fierce Board App!

I'm a junior and in Calc BC this year, but I'm going to have to set my schedule for next year soon. Does anyone care to enlighten me on how actual college class transfers work? I know I need a certain score on the AP test for Calc BC to count, but if I were to take Calc 3 at mizzou next year, will that transfer to wherever I end up going? This is assuming I get a decent score on the AP test and am ready for Calc 3 of course.

Back