All-Star Common Knee/leg Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ive had shin splint for years due to in school running on unsprung floor doing hurdles etc...
Then Ive torn both my hamstrings doing the splits (4 years apart though) so now i cant heelstretch on either leg but my toetouch is in a dead middle split.. Baffles me to be honest!

I had sciatica. I herniated a spinal disc which made it bulge out and hit the sciatic nerve on my left leg. It was absolutely horrible. I couldn't straighten my leg and on really bad days, walking or even getting out of bed was impossible. My doctor said it was most likely from tumbling and if I kept doing it, I'd need surgery. I stopped tumbling and my amazing coaches let me sit out at practice whenever it would act up and bug me. Since aging out I don't have problems with it anymore.

Didn't go for a layout so just rebounded and killed my knee somehow and could barely walk on it 2 days before comp :(. 6 months later and I'm scared to do even any running tumbling!

Last monday I was doing a round off and with the power from my rebound, I jumped into a toe touch and I landed wrong and tore my MCL. First try too! Lol. Anyone have any info on a torn MCL? I have to go in and get an MRI and see if there is anything else because i'm feeling pain in other areas, so we'll see how that goes.

chondomelatia platelae - I have a really rough underneath of my knee cap so whenever the joint moves and it rubs it's really painful. but most annoyingly of all it always clicks when I walk -.- embarrassing walking through a very quiet library! apparently it's really common jn teenage girls, and it's started to wear down already :) almost completely smooth now :D

I had sciatica. I herniated a spinal disc which made it bulge out and hit the sciatic nerve on my left leg. It was absolutely horrible. I couldn't straighten my leg and on really bad days, walking or even getting out of bed was impossible. My doctor said it was most likely from tumbling and if I kept doing it, I'd need surgery. I stopped tumbling and my amazing coaches let me sit out at practice whenever it would act up and bug me. Since aging out I don't have problems with it anymore.
I have this, it's horrible! I was diagnosed before dance exam and the doc said if I dodnt rest it after it first occurred it'd keep reoccurring and I didn't so it keeps coming back :( it's a disc just above where my hip ends and after tumbling 3/4 sumis the same disc on the right has started... not happy!

My guess is tarsal coalitions (where two bones fuse together in the ankle) will be more common as it can be caused by an injury early in life. With all the little ones starting to tumble so early in competitive cheer I'm wondering if an injury will lead to this.

So i had my surgery this morning, and the doc said my meniscus wasnt as bad as he originally thought!! I still have a tough road ahead of me, but he thought my meniscus was gonna have to be totalle removed:)

Back