All-Star Company's That Sponsor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow, well I was in HS back in the 1980s and I think the mistake that happened here, first, someone wanted apart of the profits and sometime too much publicity is not a good thing... My bake sales were more like the 'Bad Boys Network' skit on the comedy show from that 90's show 'In Livin' Color' it was unannounced, so random and swiftly moved to different areas of the HS...Actually, my business became so hot that my customer came to me for business...lol;)

No I understand. I'm definitely willing to work but it's just that my parents work and I don't have my license yet (just turned 16) and they already drive me around all the time. I'd have to schedule my work around theirs if that makes any sense..? I've tried finding legit online places to work where that wouldn't be an issue but I can't find any that will hire teens. If anyone knows of any that'd that super helpful. I'm willing to work my butt off but my parents aren't willing to drive me to do that.
Maybe you could plan some activities to run a "cheerleader" birthday party. My one CP had one and I hired her junior coach to come and teach a couple of cheers (she was also a high school cheerleader) and do some basic tumbling. Also maybe weeding or babysitting near your home. If you have not gone to a class for it - perhaps do that and take a first aid class and make flyers to give to neighbors you know have young kids. Trying to come up with things that would limit needing parent driving.

Maybe you could plan some activities to run a "cheerleader" birthday party. My one CP had one and I hired her junior coach to come and teach a couple of cheers (she was also a high school cheerleader) and do some basic tumbling. Also maybe weeding or babysitting near your home. If you have not gone to a class for it - perhaps do that and take a first aid class and make flyers to give to neighbors you know have young kids. Trying to come up with things that would limit needing parent driving.

Babysitting is a great idea. My daughter hasn't babysat previously, but decided to do the online class through Red Cross and offer services to our neighbors. They're already fighting over her. Babysitters must be hard to come by!

Babysitting is a great idea. My daughter hasn't babysat previously, but decided to do the online class through Red Cross and offer services to our neighbors. They're already fighting over her. Babysitters must be hard to come by!

Yes my babysitter is leaving for college. Most of the older CPs I know are so busy it is hard to find a good babysitter and MAN they get paid FAR more than I used to get paid for it - my CPs are mother helpers and they each get paid $5 an hour - and they are tweens

All joking aside, I think what most of us posters are trying to tell you that it is possible to contribute to raising your own money. Sit down and write a list of all the things you do well and what somebody will pay money... If you like animals, maybe you can be a dog-walker, dog-sitter, etc...I remember my son, when he was a 14-18 used to be a dog walker in the neighborhood and made a quite a bit of cash, especially from our elderly neighbors. He became so reliable and trustworthy these same neighbors trusted him to take care of their pets when they go on vacations, instead of putting their pets in Kennels. I also, remember my son used to run errands for neighbors, so he was pulling in at least $200 dollars a week, along with what I gave him for allowance...So it is possible to make money...So sit down and think about what you can do and advertise your service...

Last edited:
Back