All-Star Competition Dvds - A Thing Of The Past?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
It's been a long time since I've been involved in all star cheer. Can you not still buy competition DVDs anymore? Wanted to get a few from NCA Nationals as a gift for my niece who is just getting into all star now. I couldn't find a place to purchase any type of all star competition DVD anywhere. I have some from before 2010 I can give her, but I know it has changed so much then.

I'll go ahead and admit I am a dorky old mom, so if this sounds totally out of touch with reality sorry.

Thanks!

I don't know if anyone still sells them but American Cheer Power gives a dvd to every athlete at there competitions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Varsity used to (might still) have a place on their site for competition DVDs. In the shopping part of the site. I haven't looked in a season or two so not sure if it's still there. You can purchase somewhat newer DVDs, but I believe they stopped selling around 2013.

Now with the can't watch videos with sound thing, it would make more sense to sell the dvds.
Actually I think the dvds might fall under some of the same rules... one which is basically -you can't profit off music you don't own (or something similar to that) and if you are selling the dvds (vs giving them away) you are in a sense profitting

The last few comps we've been too---both big and small---have only offered that type of stuff on site the day of no ordering at a later date :( Not sure why they're fading out...DVDs are like my mommy keepsake for life!

I don't know if anyone still sells them but American Cheer Power gives a dvd to every athlete at there competitions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Yea was going to say this, we are competing at their comp tomorrow, my cp loves getting the dvd every year.

Mostly this year I've seen DVDs offered onsite only.

Reactions: VTX
The last few comps we've been too---both big and small---have only offered that type of stuff on site the day of no ordering at a later date :( Not sure why they're fading out...DVDs are like my mommy keepsake for life!
Because anyone who wants to records on their phones and iPads (or a friend does it and sends them the video) and there is not really as much as demand for them as much as there used to be. I think I have at least one DVD from every season from both cps up until the past 3-4 years.

All the local competition still offer them. And I try to get year end DVD's for my teams when I can as year end gifts. It works when the same company does all of the competitions and the kids love them. Parents too, actually.

Because anyone who wants to records on their phones and iPads (or a friend does it and sends them the video) and there is not really as much as demand for them as much as there used to be. I think I have at least one DVD from every season from both cps up until the past 3-4 years.

I can see this too! I love one DVD per season because my iPhone versus professional equipment is a huge difference.

Sparta has got nothing on FIerceboard.

AASCF and WCCD which are the two major EPs in Australia both give DVDs with videos and photos after each competition

UCA and Summit in 2014 had DVDs. My dad took me to both those competitions and didn't want to have to record me, he wanted to actually watch me for once. I have 3 DVDs in my room. Sometimes I still take them out and watch them, good memories. I wish more competitions would either post videos of every team or let you buy a DVD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont think i have a single dvd from my allstar days, my parents took most of the video themselves. But i sure do still have all those awesome pop warner cheerleading vhs tapes that i refuse to let my mom get rid of.

AASCF and WCCD which are the two major EPs in Australia both give DVDs with videos and photos after each competition
I have my little collection of AASCF DVDs at home :shaka: I love the quality and my mum loves getting to watch and not have to worry about videoing.

Yea was going to say this, we are competing at their comp tomorrow, my cp loves getting the dvd every year.

Mostly this year I've seen DVDs offered onsite only.

The DVD we got from cheerpower didn't have any sound. I thought it was a mistake but coach said they couldn't put sound on them anymore

Eta-spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back