Competition Hair For Short Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 30, 2013
In a quest to stand out in high school, I've decided to get a major hair cut, sad thing is, it's not ponytail-able anymore. Ideas on what I should do? (P.S. my hair takes a long time to grow back)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

In a quest to stand out in high school, I've decided to get a major hair cut, sad thing is, it's not ponytail-able anymore. Ideas on what I should do? (P.S. my hair takes a long time to grow back)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

I've seen so many cheerleaders with short hair get a hairband bow in the same style as the team bow and its super cute!

xbgsic.jpg

Half up half down but make sure you blow it out to a decent size. You've got a lot less hair to work with and you don't want it to look flat compared to your teammates.

Short hair doesn't equate to easier hair or a reason to slack on comp morning. One of my cp's has short hair and I feel like I struggle with it more then the other cp because I want her to be able to stand out with her short do against the sea of cheer curls.

I used to have super short hair when I cheered Allstars. My hair was always done half up, teased all over, poof and my bow on top because my coach was not a fan of the headbands. I was always complimented on it and never had a problem with it coming out, but my hair is thick but soft and extremely easy to fix. If your coach is a fan the headband is great just means you don't have to work so hard to get your hair to fix if you have a difficult time fixing it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone know where to get a cheap, mini bow for short hair on a clip?
ETA: I just need a plain white one right now.

Anyone know where to get a cheap, mini bow for short hair on a clip?
ETA: I just need a plain white one right now.
Claires, it wont look like a cheer bow but it is a bow if that makes sense, if you need a cheebow you can go and still buy a cheer bow from clairs then you can go get a barrette from sallys or something (michaels might have them) and just hot glue it

Little does poof up, the rest down. Sacha isn't a fan of the mini bow and prefers the across-the-forehead bling headband. I've made mini copycat bows on clips for girls with super-short hair. I think it depends on the preference.

Back