High School Competition Shoes; Kaepa Or Nfinity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 24, 2013
I need some honest opinions here. I have only ever dealt with Nfinity shoes for competitions, but I was wondering if Kaepa shoes were just as good. They're a whole lot cheaper, and the team I am coaching is not one that really has a lot of money to spend. But at the same time, I do not want to give up good quality for a lower price.

So has anyone used Kaepa shoes? What do you think of them? Are they worth recommending to my team to purchase or should we stick with the Nfinity shoes?

From what I have heard the Nfinity shoes are not meant for basketball floors, strictly competition floors. The soles are thinner. I haven't had Kaepa shoes since I was in junior high so I'm not sure how they are now. Normally we stick to Nike, but this year we did Varsity shoes and are very pleased.

I need some honest opinions here. I have only ever dealt with Nfinity shoes for competitions, but I was wondering if Kaepa shoes were just as good. They're a whole lot cheaper, and the team I am coaching is not one that really has a lot of money to spend. But at the same time, I do not want to give up good quality for a lower price.

So has anyone used Kaepa shoes? What do you think of them? Are they worth recommending to my team to purchase or should we stick with the Nfinity shoes?
my college team just had this dilemma and the man who runs the shoe store we ordered from said Kaepa is better quality and cheaper! I have them now and they take a little getting used to depending on what shoes you previously wore, but I haven't had any strings come loose yet, which I did have a month into having my nfinitys before. Plus, in my experience nfinitys need to be replaced halfway through the season and they are expensive to begin with. Go with the kaepas but make sure you do a fitting first the sizes are different for every shoe!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Our junior high wore the kaepa touch last year. They don't have much arch and look weird on the foot. All of the other kaepas are better looking. They did hold up very well though.

Our high school has worn nikes the last few years without problems. Junior high has varsity this year and they have been fine.

I had my girls go the kaepa route 2 years ago, and they all hated them. Most ended up going out and buying new nfinitys. That was my first and last year of going with a different shoe choice.

But, I think if they don't have nfinitys for comparison, you'd be fine.

I had my girls go the kaepa route 2 years ago, and they all hated them. Most ended up going out and buying new nfinitys. That was my first and last year of going with a different shoe choice.

But, I think if they don't have nfinitys for comparison, you'd be fine.

Which kind of Kaepa shoes did you go with? What did they not like about them?
I'm considering the Stellarlyte, since they seen similar to Nfinitys in general. Only the seniors on the team have used Nfinitys before; last year they used Nike shoes and hated them but many can't afford the Nfinitys.

Which kind of Kaepa shoes did you go with? What did they not like about them?
I'm considering the Stellarlyte, since they seen similar to Nfinitys in general. Only the seniors on the team have used Nfinitys before; last year they used Nike shoes and hated them but many can't afford the Nfinitys.

We went with the stellarlyte and they didn't like the feel. My flyers said they felt like their foot moved around in the shoe and when the girls tumbled in them they said they felt like they were going to come off, despite being tied
Very tight. I get chasses for my JV team. They have a pair that look very similar to infinites and my JV girls love them. The best part is they are only $20 max. You can usually get them for cheaper!

We went with the stellarlyte and they didn't like the feel. My flyers said they felt like their foot moved around in the shoe and when the girls tumbled in them they said they felt like they were going to come off, despite being tied
Very tight. I get chasses for my JV team. They have a pair that look very similar to infinites and my JV girls love them. The best part is they are only $20 max. You can usually get them for cheaper!
My old team mostly had chasses and while they were cheap, they didn't like them.

(this isnt about what you said now, in general)
I had converse and hated them. Last year for my birthday I switched to Nfinity and LOVED them. I have vengence, and they have worn out. but im quite rough on them. When we competed, or were simply on mats i felt like i was in socks yet had support to jump better then my converse.

i personally like Nfinity vengences for competition shoes and Nike sidelines for basketball/football. Nfinitys rip very easily even when wearing on the blue mat but SO comfortable and light to tumble. Flyers who wear this also are a great thing because they make your foot easier to grip. But then again if you're talking about sideline then I'd totally go with nike sidelines!

I do basketball cheer, and love my nfinitys. They really help my jumps, especially on the gym floor. I definetely recommend them!!

I have Kaepa's and I absolutley hate them! They give no support for gym floor or mat tumbling and they look REALLY cheap! They also make our feet look extremely fat. I don't reccomend them... AT ALL!

~Statebound<3

Not much for varsity shoes. I have always been a nike girl, until I met the nfinitys. So personally I would go with Nikes for school wear/sidelines, but IMO nfinitys are the best shoes for competitions. Just my 2 cents.

I've had the same cheer shoes since freshman year. That's almost 4 seasons cheering football and basketball. They're nfinities but they're not vengeance or evolutions. I'll have to look up the name. I love them. The last two seasons we've had varsity shoes and we've had nike shoes and both just don't do it for me. They don't fit my feet right and they're incredibly uncomfortable to tumble and stunt in. Just the fact that these have held up so good for so long make me happy. I'll find the name and get back to you- but I choose my nfinities over anything

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've had the same cheer shoes since freshman year. That's almost 4 seasons cheering football and basketball. They're nfinities but they're not vengeance or evolutions. I'll have to look up the name. I love them. The last two seasons we've had varsity shoes and we've had nike shoes and both just don't do it for me. They don't fit my feet right and they're incredibly uncomfortable to tumble and stunt in. Just the fact that these have held up so good for so long make me happy. I'll find the name and get back to you- but I choose my nfinities over anything

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Are they the Nfinity Phoenix? My team almost got those this year.

I do not recommend Nfintys for high school cheerleading. I would try Nike, I had nike sidelines and they worked fine on basketball courts and on turf/track for Football. Although I LOVE all my nfinitys, they get torn up and ruined if you wear them on the track or outside.

Back