All-Star Confessions Of A Cheer Coach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pretty much. I like to use the random teacher test on my kids.

I have random teachers from my building come listen to them and see if they can follow along. If random teacher who never really comes to games cannot cheer along/read the signs/understand what you're saying, something needs to change.
This is the truth. I wonder if some coaches feel like they only have to work on perfecting gameday skills for competition and not actual gameday... I mean, since there are coaches out with the "who cares about games, competitions are all that matter" mentality.

That you are basically saying no to all relationships.. Especially if you are coaching multiple teams and wear multiple hats at the gym, you don't have time to invest in a relationship that isn't already strong.

That you are basically saying no to all relationships.. Especially if you are coaching multiple teams and wear multiple hats at the gym, you don't have time to invest in a relationship that isn't already strong.

Truth. I was married when I started coaching (and still am) but one of my assistant coaches is currently dating. I don't know how she does it.

*busts out popcorn and vodka not even because I drink but because I know you guys'll want some*

Or maybe I should create a separate 'Crazy Cheer Parent Stories' thread?
That might crash the boards because there are so many stories to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! My bff is a new owner, judge and he coaches 2 teams and a half (showing up sometimes to help the coaches) and he is so single it's not even funny. He was dating someone at the beginning of the season but couldn't work it out with his full-time job plus everything I mentionned...

Back