All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can't stop giggling about how the thread got derailed from a conversation about trains.

"In summerrrrrrrrrrrr"

d4b2071e495daa4d47caf4212e912e56.jpg

Around here the trains suck. Always some idiot killing themselves by jumping on the track, it's expensive with too many stops, and takes forever to get anywhere. Then once you get where you're going, how do you get around? Public transportation in Cali blows. I took the bus around our town when I was a kid, down to the beach or the mall.
Call me spoiled all you want, but I drive my car and it works for me! This country is huge and high speed trains will never happen. Although I'd kill for one from here to Vegas!

It must be so difficult for those Americans who can't afford to buy a car to their children when they turn 16 (or even a car to themselves). The requirement to have a car creates huge social inequalities :(

It must be so difficult for those Americans who can't afford to buy a car to their children when they turn 16 (or even a car to themselves). The requirement to have a car creates huge social inequalities :(
Not that I've noticed. It's rare where I live for a child to get a car at 16. They just borrow Mom and Dad's car or hook up with a friend who has access to a car to go places.

Non cp got a car only because she works nights and early mornings when no public transportation is available in our area. If it did run during those times it would also take almost 2 hours between waking to the bus stop and transfers for what is a 15 minute ride in her car.

I was going to try it for work but was a three hour trip one way and could not get me to work on time. I make the drive in 20 minutes

Cp does not have a car and his social life does not seem to be lacking

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

Potentially one of the most disgusting things I've read. Maybe you should consider your priorities when the price of fuel or a brief inconvenience seem to supersede the life of another human?
I think you are reading into that too much. Cheermom1969 is it not saying that a human life being lost is inconvenient and why she does not use the train. It is something that happens I am a frequent basis

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

Potentially one of the most disgusting things I've read. Maybe you should consider your priorities when the price of fuel or a brief inconvenience seem to supersede the life of another human?

You're right, it was insensitive. But I have the opinion that killing yourself is a very selfish act. Then to do it in such a way as to impact other people while you do it - especially the conductor who probably had to witness it - I find irritating. Just my opinion. Crucify me if you feel the need.

I will add, I wasn't tying the price of fuel to a human life!

I think you are reading into that too much. Cheermom1969 is it not saying that a human life being lost is inconvenient and why she does not use the train. It is something that happens I am a frequent basis

It was harsh and I didn't mean to offend. But it does happen where I live constantly it seems.

You're right, it was insensitive. But I have the opinion that killing yourself is a very selfish act. Then to do it in such a way as to impact other people while you do it - especially the conductor who probably had to witness it - I find irritating. Just my opinion. Crucify me if you feel the need.

A close friend of mine called me in horror about 2 years ago; she had just gotten her daughter home after she was driving on the interstate and hit and killed a woman. The woman died because she purposely jumped in front of the daughter's car---she was a 17 year old new driver, it was late with little light, and no way she could see it coming. She still has yet to drive a car since.

So, I completely agree with you---involving others is unnecessary, but that is what makes suicide so selfish. There is always someone after the fact who has to clean up after it; literally and emotionally.

The benefit of being married to a mechanic; my current car is going to CP, I'm getting a new car next year which will go to non-CP, and then the car I get after that is whatever the heck I want it to be because it'll be mine forever. Meanwhile, he drives trucks from the 50's because he likes them---not because we can't afford a newer model.

Not that I've noticed. It's rare where I live for a child to get a car at 16. They just borrow Mom and Dad's car or hook up with a friend who has access to a car to go places.
But those who can't borrow a car from their parents? The gaps between rich and poor here in Sweden are bad, but it's even worse in the US…

I've coached kids where the families doesn't have access to a car. The parents have to take bus WITH their kids everywhere they go, to and from practice, friends and everything. They can't shop at the big supermarkets, only at the small, local stores near them (which is more expensive). Every aspect of their lives become difficult because of it.

You are kidding right? It isn't fair that some parents are able to buy cars? On an all star message board? A decent car can be had for the cost of a season of cheer. You could buy 3 of my first car with what we spend on a single season, and I am not that old.

Social inequalities aren't necessarily a bad thing. Not everyone has or even wants the same income. If you want nice things, you have the opportunity to work for them. You may have to struggle for a while, you may have setbacks, but in the vast majority of cases in the U.S. If you work hard enough for it, you will get there. There are of course exceptions, but in the vast majority of cases hard work pays off. If you want it, work for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey that's my line! ;p Maybe we should start talking about deep fried foods again?

I think food is the only safe thing we can all agree about on here :p and that certain people's puppy pictures aren't that cute and are actually disturbing. (I really tried to censor the P word but pu**y, p***y, and other various combinations didn't really work well for obvious reasons...)

Back