All-Star Cute/funny Cheer Stories

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Once I brought a dog inside the gym...it wasn't even mine... It was base's brother's..... Haha he didn't care. I have so many weird stories of me doing stuff I probably should not have at the gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My Cps team was announced at a competition, but no one was coming out, announced again~~Still no one taking the floor.
Finally on the third call the team runs onto the mat.

What happened was, backstage there were temporary stairs that lead up to the back of the stage ~~it had a pipe
type of hand rail. My daughter (who always insists on running out first) was running her hand along the pipe.
There is a gap between pipes and my daughter got her finger stuck in the pipe. She could not pull her finger out.
After a few failed attempts a helpful teammate yanked her finger out of the pipe and on they went to compete.

Funny thing is, this was a senior team.

Cute story: I got my full before this brat who kisses booty got hers.

Now, don't mind my bad talk. But since I'm retired sportsmanship is out the door.

But that's my cute/funny story!

OK so mine's prob the funniest and most embarrassing one. After running into CSP and her girls at a Barnes and Noble (the last time I had seen her was at my brother's hs graduation bc he and Kelly were the same age/class) one day, she told me I should bring my little one to CEA. I had heard she owned an AS gym, and I knew what they were bc GAC formed around when I was in HS bc several fellow cheerleaders and girls I knew from my school competed with them. However, I had kept up w/"competitive " cheer via ESPN when I was lucky enough to know it was coming on in the earlier days.

So pretty much I saw college and HS cheer via NCA style. I had no idea AS cheer was drastically different (or even in its own "class", so to speak) as I had not watched many comps on TV for years. This was 2010 btw, right after they had won worlds (literally right after bc it was that summer my former CP joined in May). I also had no idea what worlds was or even that cheer had become such an enormous thing.

So I bring CP in and there's no one at the desk (not really an unusual thing as I later found out lol). One of her coaches was there doing a private and came to talk to me after I told him why we were there, etc. So I blurt out, " so where are the pom poms?" And he gives me this strange look and says, "we don't have any... This is AS cheer, it's a lot different than that type of cheerleading". :oops::oops::oops: Me- " oh right of course"... Crickets......:oops:

Some of the best/funny cheer stories have come from our time at Spirit with the owner Brett:
"Do you drive to 7-11 with your eyes closed? Then why are you tumbling that way?"
"You do not have to run halfway across Arlington to throw that pass."

My favorite was when cp's team was in the gym room getting ready and one of the girls asked the coach how old he was..
"How old do you think I am?"
"You look like your like 30!" (He was no older than 24)
"How old do you think coach Brad is?"
"Oh man he must be like 50!" So he takes the girls over to Brad and says...
"Tell him what you just told me..."
"What? That Coach Brad couldn't be more than 25?" And then they run away. Two 12 year olds threw that coach under the bus.
Oh lord!! I'm not even gonna touch my CP's response regarding the age of one of the coaches at our former gym!!! Thank god she said it at home!! :oops:

saw this picture and immediately thought of this thread
30de5o3.jpg

Mine happened recently . My niece is in all star cheer level one. We were outside playing by the side walk. I gave her some chalk and she started drawing a hopscotch path. I noticed the numbers went up to right and started at one again . I asked her why she did that and she said it's more important than going up . It was adorable

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

So after school today my cp-7 was in the bathroom washing her hands. She comes running out w/ a magazine in her hand saying "I want to read this now it's got World Cup in it." My older cp-17 & I look a each other confused then bust out laughing. We realized she had my husbands ESPN magazine, the World Cup soccer edition. She was quite disappointed it wasn't cheer. Lol!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Some teams do triple splits, they're like .1 away from the same score as standing tucks.

Not everyone does splits, though. You just have to fill in the flexibility category which includes back walkovers, splits obv and heelstretches. (Yes, right heelstretches on the ground lol)

Time isn't really an issue in this round, since everything you're doing is necessary pretty much. Round 3 is more concerned with time and I don't think I've ever seen a team do team splits in that round.
I'm such a fan of Michigan hs cheer
Execution is valued A LOT in MI cheer. My ex-team had standing tucks (highest point value skill) in round two and consistently got beat by a team who's highest skill in that round was a walkover- I think that team got second in the state as well.

And can openers? I have no clue what you're reffering to! hahah but with all the different names for skills in cheer your def not crazy :D
I'm such a fan of Michigan cheer. It's so interesting and different. I love the whole team splits. Although I like seeing whole team tucks, I rather see back walkovers. Some teams back walkovers were perfection. They were so tight and on point. I always so amazed the girls legs in walkovers were same angle and height. I was more impressed with back walkovers.

Unfortunately, no. Haha
I remember my first three years I had to literally force my left split to be all the way down. We had to take them out of round 2 my senior year because we had a few hip injuries :confused:
ouch.

Back