All-Star D2 Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A friend of CP's is on a SJ3 and she's competing this weekend. I just checked the performance order and there are 63 teams in that division on Saturday. 63.

SIXTY THREE

THAT'S BANANAS.

Please don't hurt me, but I have a question about the D2 Summit. My DD has been cheering for a number of years at a small gym. They have chosen not to chase the Summit bids. There are times when I wish they did because I would love to see my DD cheer at WDW. However, when I looked at the schedule and saw the HUGE divisions I am not so sure. So my question is, do you look at Summit as a fun year ending event or do you go into it believing that your team can win?

Not a D2 parent or anything but just like any other BIG comp, goals for it vary. Ex: There are gyms/families who probably treat it like "let's just go for the experience because we got a bid" or "because we've never been" which is fine. Others go into it with a certain goal. Ex: Let's just get out of Wildcards. Or place top 10. Or medal. (depending on the program/team/etc.) Also fine.

Every year there are usually a few stories on the boards from big comps like these saying "we only had a goal of making finals and we got top 1o!" and such, so there are always those surprising moments. Anything can happen!

A friend of CP's is on a SJ3 and she's competing this weekend. I just checked the performance order and there are 63 teams in that division on Saturday. 63.

SIXTY THREE

THAT'S BANANAS.

Small youth 1 has over 100 teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud of my old gym hitting zero at their summit debut in the massive youth 1 division!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree and I wonder why they didn't do that for US Finals this year.

I know of a gym owner making some questionable comments to their gym about scoring that of course can't be verified because scores weren't released.

That’s why I’ve been pushing for public scores for years and tweeted them for Worlds and Summit. They finally got enough internal and external pressure that they had to act. Need to push for all EPs but this is a big win.

That’s why I’ve been pushing for public scores for years and tweeted them for Worlds and Summit. They finally got enough internal and external pressure that they had to act. Need to push for all EPs but this is a big win.

This is hands down some of the best news I've seen in a while. Thank you for your relentless push these last 2 weeks. We owe you a big thank you for your part in this!

Back