High School Deploying Military Coach, I Need Your Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 11, 2013
I am a high school varsity coach and I'm unfortunately being deployed in October. I'm trying to come up with some creative ideas of gifts to give my girls before I leave. I am having bows made out of my old uniforms but what else would be a good idea!?!?

Collect up any photos or videos from the past years you have coached and make a DVD. I use iMovie for Macs each year when I make mine. Windows Movie Maker is also a great program if you're a Windows user. Both programs are easy to use and you can add in music, transitions, words and credits.

I think both you and your team will benefit from this! Anytime you find yourselves missing one another, you can pop in the DVD and relive the memories. If you find yourself having trouble, I would be more than happy to help you out or troubleshoot your problems.

Thank you for serving our country. Your team should be proud to have such an admirable coach.

When I deployed and when my husband deployed, we were able to make videos of us reading a book and then the video (and the book) was sent home to the kids. Maybe do something similar? Like take a video of you teaching a new chant or short dance and send the youtube link to the kids? If you have internet access and access to a camera or your phone while deployed, you can take videos while you're there and upload them - you can even ask your colleagues to participate. You'd be surprised at 1) the number of people in the military with cheerleading experience (both males and females) and 2) the number of people willing to break up the monotony by doing something they've never done, even if they look a little silly.

Back