All-Star Do You Condition At Home?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 27, 2011
We all know, we have those practices that are hard and where we feel like we're going to die, because we are out of breath. wondering how many people do conditioning at home outside of practice and if so what do you do?

i do condition outside of practice with a workout my tumbling coach gave me and it consists of:
arms: military pushups, handstand rocks and handstand hold
legs: lunges, step ups on a chair, and frog jumps
abs: v ups and sit ups and some other stuff i can't remember
Back: bridges and bridge rocks
and i do like 20 of each thing then 15 then 10 then 5 it has really improved my tuck!

i do condition outside of practice with a workout my tumbling coach gave me and it consists of:
arms: military pushups, handstand rocks and handstand hold
legs: lunges, step ups on a chair, and frog jumps
abs: v ups and sit ups and some other stuff i can't remember
Back: bridges and bridge rocks
and i do like 20 of each thing then 15 then 10 then 5 it has really improved my tuck!

i'm going to steal this workout haha

i stretch all the time. it's easy when you're just watching tv so it goes by faster, but i don't condition. i try but i have no will power for it :p

i'm going to steal this workout haha

i stretch all the time. it's easy when you're just watching tv so it goes by faster, but i don't condition. i try but i have no will power for it :p
yes! i love stretching while watching tv!

I do conditioning off of www.fortheloveoftumbling.com! Whitney Love's mom is a genius! And Whitney is my idol:)

I do this conditioning too but only on the days I don't have practice. I do whatever skill conditioning I'm working on obviously. And occasionally at tumbling my coach will say I need to fix my backhandspring or something, so then I'll go do the backhandspring conditioning.

sometimes when im really up to it i'll do p90x and others i'll just do abbs and once i get warmed up i'll do stretches for scorpians and bow and arrows and such

sometimes when im really up to it i'll do p90x and others i'll just do abbs and once i get warmed up i'll do stretches for scorpians and bow and arrows and such

People always talk about p90x and I know basically what it is but how do you get it? Is it a DVD or is it online?

My friend and I used to do insanity after school, but that only lasted 2 or 3 weeks. Now the only conditioning I do is jump and flyer conditioning and of course plenty of stretching. My jumps have gotten quite a bit better since I started allstars. They're almost hyperextended!

I do 250 sit ups every other day!! In cheer your abs are really important plus we wear crop tops!! :)

I run 2:30 sprints and alternate with jogging for 2:30 for about half an hour to build up/maintain cardio stamina. I would recommend running on a treadmill or grass though as pavement/concrete can be taxing on the joints.

I workout at home, but I could do it more often! During the seasong I go to the gym (not cheer gym) about once a week to run and workout. Now in the summer I plan to go more often, since we don't have any practices!

Back