All-Star Do You Condition At Home?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

People always talk about p90x and I know basically what it is but how do you get it? Is it a DVD or is it online?
its a dvd but i think you buy it online, its really expensive but there is something else that came out thats so much cheaper and in my opinion better. i think its called like 90 day shread or something? idk we do it as conditioning at practice tho

I do abs everyday! But uh...besides that, I don't haha. I can't remember the last time I even did a push up haha. I go on the elliptical a lot though, so I suppose that gets a little muscle work done in the arms and legs.

@fiercecat24 , are you talking about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I have that and I love it! I just got her 6-Week Six Pack video, too, but haven't started it yet.

i do
20 pushups
20 v-ups
20 push ups
20 sit up/crunches
20 push ups
20 more sit up/crunches
10 more push ups
i also sit in straddle and lift my foot up and down without it touching the ground (idk if this makes sense haha) i do 10 with each leg then 10 for both
and then i stretch :)

I do oversplits on each side evryday, and do the tumbling conditioning my coach gives me.
I also run 1 mile on the treadmill.

i do
20 pushups
20 v-ups
20 push ups
20 sit up/crunches
20 push ups
20 more sit up/crunches
10 more push ups
i also sit in straddle and lift my foot up and down without it touching the ground (idk if this makes sense haha) i do 10 with each leg then 10 for both
and then i stretch :)

pretty sure you're talking about hip flexors! we do those a lot at practice they really help jumps & overall leg strength.

I try to always have some kind of program I'm doing outside of practice. I did Ab Ripper X (part of P90x) for a couple of weeks but this week I switched to 100 pushups. I find it easier to stay motivated if I have some sort of time limited program to follow. After I'm done with the pushups I plan to do a 12 week running program.

I do the workouts at http://www.bodyrock.tv ....woman is an AMAZON. Seriously, she's unbelievably strong. I'll do one workout and be out of commission for a day or so sometimes, but I'm trying to build my strength back up..its hard to be motivated without a sport to do :(

@[URL='http://forum.fierceboard.com/members/fiercecat24.10328/' said:
fiercecat24[/URL] , are you talking about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? I have that and I love it! I just got her 6-Week Six Pack video, too, but haven't started it yet.
well we do have that at home and i do it sometimes but no thats not what im talking about! haha its like a generic version of p90x thats like 50 or more dollars cheaper but i forgot what its called. haha o and i also ride my bike like everywhere cuz thats good excersize

I try to always have some kind of program I'm doing outside of practice. I did Ab Ripper X (part of P90x) for a couple of weeks but this week I switched to 100 pushups. I find it easier to stay motivated if I have some sort of time limited program to follow. After I'm done with the pushups I plan to do a 12 week running program.
with the abb ripper x im not saying that you can never do this everyday but one of my coaches said that if you do it everyday its not as effective because your body gets used to it too quickly or something like that haha

I run 2:30 sprints and alternate with jogging for 2:30 for about half an hour to build up/maintain cardio stamina. I would recommend running on a treadmill or grass though as pavement/concrete can be taxing on the joints.

And be sure to wear proper shoes! Cheer shoes are definitely not made for running hard on concrete/pavement, so you need something with stability and cushion. Stress fractures are not fun, trust me!

Back