OT Does Anyone Work In Cyf Or Legal Services?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 15, 2009
Hey All,

I posted about this a few years back, but the boards have grown tremendously since then and I really could use some advice.

There is a long version of this story, however, mainly my cousin has 2 little girls, ages 5 and soon to be 8. They are perfect blonde hair, blue eyed, smart, happy kids. Their parents are separated, their dad a history in jail, and their mom also a drug history but no major arrests. The one stability in their life is that on weekends they go to my aunt and uncles (their grandparents) or my house. They have never lived in the same house for more then 2 years. They spent the last year and a half in a "homeless" shelter type living space provided by our local community action. They over spent their time there and are now living in a trailer with 4 adults and 3 other children. They sleep on the floor and they can not take a shower or a bath because the drain does not work. They should have started school a few weeks ago, but instead - their mom will not let them speak to us or my aunt and uncle (even though we pay for their cell phones, she wont let them answer) and the 1 time we did get a hold of them they dodged all questions about school. We have called and they are not in school, their mom or 3 other adults are not having them go. They also arent giving them up on weekends like they are court ordered to. It has been thousands and thousands of dollars in court, every time the judge basically tells her "dont do that again" and provides yet another court order that she will break anyway.

We cant get any where. Ideally, my aunt and uncle or parents would like custody of them - however thats not even what we ask for. We ask that they are in school learning, socializing, and that we have the opportunity to see them. Its heart breaking to see 2 beautiful little girls grow up being told that "only rich kids have birthday parties" or that "sorry times are tough" when they have relatives who would give them the world if we were just given the opportunity to!! We would love to sign them up for cheerleading, girl scouts, soccer, softball - ANYTHING they wanted, if we only knew that every week we could go to get them and they would be allowed to go.

On top of that, the soon to be 8 year old is pretty much brainwashed. She believes everything her mother tells her, she doesnt let things slip because her mom tells her that if she does, she might never see her again. She also keeps a sharp eye on the 5 year old to make sure she doesnt, but we get information out of her if we can get her alone.

Its one little girls 8th birthday in 3 weeks, a month back she said shed love a surprise party more then anything. We have been arranging it ever since and now it looks like her mom wont let her come. More then anything I would love to give her a party!

If anyone has any suggestions or would like more information to be able to help me, PLEASE please please PM me! I am desperate, the courts arent helping, and we are just running out of ideas.

I'd talk to an attorney who specializes in this in your area. Maybe it's time your aunt and uncle, or your parents, go for custody. You might also want to call the Child Abuse Hotline, tell them just what you told us, and ask for a welfare check on the children. Good luck.

No one should have to grow up under those conditions. Please keep us updated on how things are progressing. I, too, will be praying for these little angels and my heart breaks for these 2 innocent children.

We have actually been going to court for years over this situation with several different lawyers. It is just so hard to get children taken from their mothers. Thanks for the prayers and advice! Even when they were homeless, we were pretty much told in court that they could be living in a field and as long as they had a cooler so their food wouldn't spoil it would be considered ok. It's literally just so frustrating. They have another appointment Wednesday I believe now with yet another lawyer hoping eventually someone can work some magic!

Truancy might help your cause as schooling of some sort is required. Definitely contact child services. Lots of luck being sent your way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sad situation :(

I would try to get custody instead of the small court orders. there is no way she is going to listen if there aren't consequences.

However, while it's hurting the girls, it may help you that they aren't in school. call child services/dyfs/whoever and report that their parents are keeping them out of school. it's illegal to do so if the child is under 16 in most places, so that may be your way in

Back