All-Star "does Their Music Really Say That?"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know Im gonna get attacked for this one, but I think that recycling material, no matter who you are, is tacky. Jamie or not i feel like a choreographer is being paid to choreograph new material..... Idk i just feel like when they recycle theyre not holding up their end of the bargain.
Am I alone on this?

If the team cared I am sure Jamie would have given them a new dance. I can imagine that with the amount of teams Jamie deals with every year that he sort of sighs relief when a team doesn't mind using an older dance. Knowing that this team is in GA I am sure those athletes knew the dance had been used before.

Because he can and it makes his job easier since it was his dance to begin with. If the team didn't want it they could tell him they want a different dance. You say his name like you don't know who he is, I really hope you know who he is.

Did Jamie do Lee County's routine as well?
I know who Jamie Parrish is haha

I know Im gonna get attacked for this one, but I think that recycling material, no matter who you are, is tacky. Jamie or not i feel like a choreographer is being paid to choreograph new material..... Idk i just feel like when they recycle theyre not holding up their end of the bargain.
Am I alone on this?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!

Am I alone on this?

Did they get a discount since it was a used dance? :confused:

Because he can and it makes his job easier since it was his dance to begin with. If the team didn't want it they could tell him they want a different dance. You say his name like you don't know who he is, I really hope you know who he is.

Did Jamie do Lee County's routine as well?
they shouldn't have to tell him they want an original dance.. they're paying for a new routine not a used one

Maybe that's the deciding factor when it comes to re-using old dances or having a new one created? If it's cheaper to use an old one, I could see why many teams (and school teams more importantly) would choose that route.

Maybe that's the deciding factor when it comes to re-using old dances or having a new one created? If it's cheaper to use an old one, I could see why many teams (and school teams more importantly) would choose that route.
Entirely possible..although I can imagine that must be a sore point. You're 'that school' who can't afford your own dance.. Do we have anyone here who judges HS and allstar? How do YOU feel about dances that are clearly re-used? What if you judge BOTH schools? I imagine you don't want to hold it against them, but at the same time if there's a score for originality, you KNOW it's not original. Do you just score the parts you know are? I mean, if it weren't for the board I wouldn't recognize some dances if they were reused. Maybe SONGS, not dances though.

they shouldn't have to tell him they want an original dance.. they're paying for a new routine not a used one

I highly doubt Jamie just started giving them a used dance without them knowing from the get go. For all we know they could have asked for that dance. What I am saying is if the team didn't like it they wouldn't be using it.

If people really want to know why Jamie does this I am sure if you asked he would give some insight.

Am I alone on this?

You're not alone in this. I feel the same way about it. He's obviously very talented and creative because he's done some of the best dances out there over the years, why does he need or want to recycle material?

I highly doubt Jamie just started giving them a used dance without them knowing from the get go. For all we know they could have asked for that dance. What I am saying is if the team didn't like it they wouldn't be using it.

If people really want to know why Jamie does this I am sure if you asked he would give some insight.

This could be possible, but WHY would you want to use a dance that's already been done and is widely known as someone else's? I know that as much as I loved this dance or Fashionista, I wouldn't want to take the floor with some other team and perform the dance knowing that there are people watching and talking about how we "stole" it from someone else. If I was a choreographer I wouldn't want to give someone a used dance, even if it makes it easier for me.

Entirely possible..although I can imagine that must be a sore point. You're 'that school' who can't afford your own dance.. Do we have anyone here who judges HS and allstar? How do YOU feel about dances that are clearly re-used? What if you judge BOTH schools? I imagine you don't want to hold it against them, but at the same time if there's a score for originality, you KNOW it's not original. Do you just score the parts you know are? I mean, if it weren't for the board I wouldn't recognize some dances if they were reused. Maybe SONGS, not dances though.

Well in ga you wont have to worry about getting scored for originality.

I personally know the mixer of the music in discussion, and it was a honest mistake...as you would expect. He is highly respected and does hundreds of mixes for high school, allstar, and college teams. He obviously fixed the music. =)

Back