Does They Way You Look At Competition Effect Your Rivals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 9, 2012
The way you look effects the way other people and teams think about you. When you're at a competition you should look gorgeous! Even before you walk into the building, you should have your uniform on with a warm over it, makeup and hair completely done and your cheer sneakers on. If you walk in the competition with UGGS, curlers in your hair and your makeup not done, people are going to think that you're not professional, and that could lead to negative comments about you and the organization you cheer at. What i'm trying to say is, when you walk into the building, you should be ready to compete.

Definitely agree with all of that. If everyone comes in looking the same, ready to go, and fierce, it intimidates your competition. It makes you look like you're prepared, and you're ready to compete. I've even noticed after watching CHEER! and seeing pictures of other teams at practice, it intimidates me almost just knowing that they are all the same at practice even. It makes you look like you're all dedicated and ready.

It really does intimidate other teams! Plus, it just looks bad when girls walk in with curlers in their hair and sweat pants on. My coach used to punish us if someone on our team walked in looking half ready. But thankfully those people learned their lesson :)

Not to mention trying to actually use the bathroom at a competition to well...go to the bathroom.

I'm going to have my kids start walking in in sweats and no makeup/hair done. That way nobody will expect them to do well, and BAM, your team got too comfortable and we just destroyed you.

That maybe seems a little dramatic. But you get my drift.

Back