All-Star Ecc Richmond, Va Bid Comp Jan 26-27

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Tech usually is pretty close to on time. They have their issues, but that's not usually one of them.

PRE WARNING!!!
If you are going to this comp the spectator fee is $20.00 PER DAY!!!
I called the company to ask!

This company is a complete joke. NOW I see why no teams or gyms come to these events. The score sheet and grid is so random, and makes no sense. They judges write in new deductions on the already printed deduction sheet that has been out there for months. Who does that? They let teams with 6 fulls, and one hand hand full, beat other teams with over 20 fulls, and tons of speciality hand hand fulls and doubles, and then give them a bid to worlds. According the their grid they keep talking about, that team with 6 fulls, should only recieve a 0... they didn't have even 25%, joke... total joke. It was not the performers from other teams, do not blame them. Blame the owner and his panel of judges that know nothing about cheer. And when there is a tabilation score error of 5 points the first day, you would expect that to get fixed, nope, we will just give that team those points. REALLY??? This maybe why they will be on probation next year for USASF bids, it is a sad excuse. When you have companies like Varsity, and JamBrands that run evens with hundreds of teams, smoothly and they are able to fix and answer questions that coaches and owners have, that is customer service. The word will be spread, just say no to Spirit Brands, ECC.....

This company is a complete joke. NOW I see why no teams or gyms come to these events. The score sheet and grid is so random, and makes no sense. They judges write in new deductions on the already printed deduction sheet that has been out there for months. Who does that? They let teams with 6 fulls, and one hand hand full, beat other teams with over 20 fulls, and tons of speciality hand hand fulls and doubles, and then give them a bid to worlds. According the their grid they keep talking about, that team with 6 fulls, should only recieve a 0... they didn't have even 25%, joke... total joke. It was not the performers from other teams, do not blame them. Blame the owner and his panel of judges that know nothing about cheer. And when there is a tabilation score error of 5 points the first day, you would expect that to get fixed, nope, we will just give that team those points. REALLY??? This maybe why they will be on probation next year for USASF bids, it is a sad excuse. When you have companies like Varsity, and JamBrands that run evens with hundreds of teams, smoothly and they are able to fix and answer questions that coaches and owners have, that is customer service. The word will be spread, just say no to Spirit Brands, ECC.....
its been said for the last few years that it def wasn't a good company to attend. bashing the bids doesn't really justify anything. 6 fulls? idk which worlds one ur talking about. but the largest lvl 5 team was 21 ppl which even 5 according to the grid is 25%. PAC did extremely well and stunt their butts off, day 2 they hit too, clean always wins. sure they didn't have the most tumbling but their stunts and everything else in the routine is there to try to make up for it. as for ECS open, they had 25% doubles and 17 fulls. yes their r alot of guys, and the score sheet doesnt do anything about gender which is silly. but thats how they worked it. in fact, day 1 ecs open didnt even get ANY entrance into tumbling score, even though they did graziures, pfs, 1.5 through full whips. from my honest opinon, i didn't get to see much, but i heard iconix dropped a few stunts both days, ECS coed 5 played the clean safe game, flyers were more lvl 4, ECS open had deductions, and pac didn't have that much tumbling, but still were clean and stunt strong. im sorry i didn't get to see pittsburgh pride. but i def felt that PAC shoulda gotten at least one of the bids, there was a point alot of us thought they had gotten the money cuz they hit

its been said for the last few years that it def wasn't a good company to attend. bashing the bids doesn't really justify anything. 6 fulls? idk which worlds one ur talking about. but the largest lvl 5 team was 21 ppl which even 5 according to the grid is 25%. PAC did extremely well and stunt their butts off, day 2 they hit too, clean always wins. sure they didn't have the most tumbling but their stunts and everything else in the routine is there to try to make up for it. as for ECS open, they had 25% doubles and 17 fulls. yes their r alot of guys, and the score sheet doesnt do anything about gender which is silly. but thats how they worked it. in fact, day 1 ecs open didnt even get ANY entrance into tumbling score, even though they did graziures, pfs, 1.5 through full whips. from my honest opinon, i didn't get to see much, but i heard iconix dropped a few stunts both days, ECS coed 5 played the clean safe game, flyers were more lvl 4, ECS open had deductions, and pac didn't have that much tumbling, but still were clean and stunt strong. im sorry i didn't get to see pittsburgh pride. but i def felt that PAC shoulda gotten at least one of the bids, there was a point alot of us thought they had gotten the money cuz they hit

Iconix did drop both days...not our weekend for junior and senior teams. Mini and youth rocked it though ;)

I agree with hitting, and not taking anything away from any of the teams that performed. Stunt clean, I get that, but when judges are telling all teams, that they are not level 5, I feel it is Rude. ECS international was the best by far, I agree, and PAC was great in the stunting, but did not fall into any other grids. Some COEDS did fall a little short. Pride struggled day one, so they should not have recieved the high scores, and a bobble stunt day two, but they threw 20 fulls total, 10 Hand Hand fulls, and 3 doubles. ECS co ed, and international, had some great tumbling and stunts as well. It is not a slam on any teams there, trust me, it is the judging system, and company. They write in deductions when they want, but not for all the teams. Just really not a fair company. The four programs there, were not happy, two already said they will not be coming back, it is a shame....

I agree with hitting, and not taking anything away from any of the teams that performed. Stunt clean, I get that, but when judges are telling all teams, that they are not level 5, I feel it is Rude. ECS international was the best by far, I agree, and PAC was great in the stunting, but did not fall into any other grids. Some COEDS did fall a little short. Pride struggled day one, so they should not have recieved the high scores, and a bobble stunt day two, but they threw 20 fulls total, 10 Hand Hand fulls, and 3 doubles. ECS co ed, and international, had some great tumbling and stunts as well. It is not a slam on any teams there, trust me, it is the judging system, and company. They write in deductions when they want, but not for all the teams. Just really not a fair company. The four programs there, were not happy, two already said they will not be coming back, it is a shame....
hence y the brand is dwindling. what were some things tehy said were not level 5? i know in one circumstance where i saw only a few lvl 5 skills from a team. and lastly i would like to say, tumbling can only take a team so far... taking ecs coed 5 and Pac for example, not the msot tumbling but plays the scoresheet well. especially at worlds: Building is significantly more valuable than tumbling at worlds, and open is even worst, jumps + standing + running = 10% of whole score sheet

hence y the brand is dwindling. what were some things tehy said were not level 5? i know in one circumstance where i saw only a few lvl 5 skills from a team. and lastly i would like to say, tumbling can only take a team so far... taking ecs coed 5 and Pac for example, not the msot tumbling but plays the scoresheet well. especially at worlds: Building is significantly more valuable than tumbling at worlds, and open is even worst, jumps + standing + running = 10% of whole score sheet
I did not know this. I keep learning with every visit to the boards. I had been wondering. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Just because it is worth more numerically doesn't mean that is what makes the difference. I think the building section at worlds makes the least impact on the winners. Tumbling and overall is where people seem to separate themselves.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Back