All-Star Etiquette At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know it's not a comp thing exactly, but I didn't know where else to put this. Our team wildcards that I was talking about in the other thread got a full paid bid to summit. Part of the elite is a ripple drop to splits, up to prep, heel stretch and tick tock to scorp. During the bid reveal from cheersport someone screenshotted their stunt during the ripple and now every single cheer anon is tweeting it and making fun of them getting a bid with a drop and being off. When in reality it's an amazing stunt with no drops. It just sucks they worked so hard for this and people that don't even know the routine at all are making fun of them for retweets.

I don't see much, but even I saw a tweet explaining this!

I know it's not a comp thing exactly, but I didn't know where else to put this. Our team wildcards that I was talking about in the other thread got a full paid bid to summit. Part of the elite is a ripple drop to splits, up to prep, heel stretch and tick tock to scorp. During the bid reveal from cheersport someone screenshotted their stunt during the ripple and now every single cheer anon is tweeting it and making fun of them getting a bid with a drop and being off. When in reality it's an amazing stunt with no drops. It just sucks they worked so hard for this and people that don't even know the routine at all are making fun of them for retweets.

I'm so sorry.

These anon twitters are evil (the irony is many of them "represent" CALI in their name and/or avatar). I have seen them do it with team that win Worlds, Summit, NCA, etc. They will screenshot a team in mid-jump and make fun of their jump and then all the idiots on twitter believe the team that won has awful jumps.
An anon twitter with CALI all over it also tweeted that SE left their medals on the stage at cheersport. Clearly a lie since athletes posted photos of them with their medals long after the awards. It really sucks for any team to have to deal with lies/inaccuracies that are spread about them.
It's really ironic how many of them bash cali teams, then use cali pictures or names on their twitter "because they're fierce". :rolleyes:

One thing I experienced again this weekend was the saving of entire rows of seats. I get saving one or two for people who have went to the bathroom or are on their way, but to save an entire row for hours with no one showing up is ridiculous. There were multiple parents doing this and it was a small comp with limited seats so a lot of people were stuck standing. The cherry on this cake is when I ask to sit in one of the seats until the family or whoever shows up they act as if I've asked them to sacrifice their first born child. :rolleyes:

One thing I experienced again this weekend was the saving of entire rows of seats. I get saving one or two for people who have went to the bathroom or are on their way, but to save an entire row for hours with no one showing up is ridiculous. There were multiple parents doing this and it was a small comp with limited seats so a lot of people were stuck standing. The cherry on this cake is when I ask to sit in one of the seats until the family or whoever shows up they act as if I've asked them to sacrifice their first born child. :rolleyes:
I have no problem telling people I'm going to sit there until the "seat owner" returns. I don't really even ask anymore.

These anon twitters are evil (the irony is many of them "represent" CALI in their name and/or avatar). I have seen them do it with team that win Worlds, Summit, NCA, etc. They will screenshot a team in mid-jump and make fun of their jump and then all the idiots on twitter believe the team that won has awful jumps.
An anon twitter with CALI all over it also tweeted that SE left their medals on the stage at cheersport. Clearly a lie since athletes posted photos of them with their medals long after the awards. It really sucks for any team to have to deal with lies/inaccuracies that are spread about them.

I actually heard that from my girl. You know me, I asked to see her medal when we got back to the hotel and she had it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These tweeters take note.... Karma is coming for you!!!!!! How many takented highly elite atheletes have time for anon twitters?????? not many...smh
Haters gonna hate and mediocre cheerleaders can run anon twitters...

Slow clap for you !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't super familiar with anonymous cheer social media accounts until about a year or so ago.

I am convinced that people behind these accounts hate themselves and/or have serious insecurities about their own gym or cheer experience/ level they cheer at. They've never been to Worlds or Summit and the only way to make themselves feel better is to receive praise for tearing down someone who has.

Further, I'd be willing to bet that the worst of them probably don't even cheer (or if they do, it's not all stars. They're on a noncompetitive high school team or a prep team and just want to be "all star cheer relevant.")

For example, someone who has recently made fun of Courtney Pope's daughter is probably insecure about being on junior 1 (there is nothing wrong with being on a J1 but I can guarantee that the people making fun of her are just envious of where they are in cheer.) It is probably not another Worlds team or Summit champion athlete.

Further, I'd be willing to bet that the worst of them probably don't even cheer (or if they do, it's not all stars. They're on a noncompetitive high school team or a prep team and just want to be "all star cheer relevant.")

For example, someone who has recently made fun of Courtney Pope's daughter is probably insecure about being on junior 1 (there is nothing wrong with being on a J1 but I can guarantee that the people making fun of her are just envious of where they are in cheer.) It is probably not another Worlds team or Summit champion athlete.
babsgonewild is a 13ish year old former cheerleader, so yeah, I would agree.
savagecheer (the original poster) is like 22.... I can't even with that level of immaturity for a college student.

It's interesting because the obsessing 'cheerlebs' is what drives these accounts and adds to more people having these insecurities. It's a cycle. You hate the cheerlebrity phenomenon but your Twitter is encouraging it.

I co-run an anonymous account...it's not fun to be mean! I can be snarky at times, but not *mean.* It's more fun to be funny and engage with followers.

People are down right RUDE in the parent viewing areas.... Here was one specific team who stood in line blocked the entire area and their team was on 5-6 teams after ours. We had a hard time getting up front to see our own kids.... And I've also heard of the same gym NOt leaving the VIP viewing area because their level 5 team was on in another 2-3 performances. And the comp did nothing about it... In reality the parents and gym memberss should've been respectful enough to allow others their turn in the viewing area.
I have gone thru that with a team and at a competition coming up in 2 weeks, but we did not even make it to the VIP area before music started. the Ep staff had no clue what was going on. So frustrating!!

That's really sad.

Back