All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is seriously creeping hell outta me
I just don't get how you get the idea of creating those accounts , i mean they don't only create one they make up the whole LIFE,like they create Fake Friends and Fake Boyfriends and Family oO

I think it's ridiculous to sit there and make a fake account to pretend to be someone your not. i remember on facebook probably around jamfest indy time this girl was so excited that erica was going to give her a cea t-shirt i dont know how but she figured out it was fake. and i felt bad for her !

the ppl who have fake erica englebert pages have more pics of her then her real account does so i wonder how they get them. also the 'fan pages' of erica have non cheer related pictures of her which i think is really stupid and a waste of the page

Facebook was an entirely different animal when it required a college email address to join....back when the sole purpose was to reconnect with people from High School, Middle School, Kindergarten while away at college...to find out about parties on campus....and who was in your classes. Now half the people sending you friend requests aren't even real people

Facebook will die like myspace sooner or later.

People that do this are weirdo’s lol there’s actually a girl on the fierceboards now that used to pretend to be a girl I know I still don’t really understand why she did it and when I found out she was on fierceboard I send her a message about it and she gave me some lame excuse about how it was her friend not her. She used to sit there and have full conversations between the fake profile and herself on myspace. She had pictures of the girl on her profile saying how they did stuff together and were cheer sisters... The weirdest part to me was that usually when they pretend to be people they usually to it to "cheerlebritys". The girl she was pretending to be was a little 6 year old, who barley had a bhs and was on like youth 2 lol I guess she thought it was cool because she cheered for a "big" name gym and she thought she was the owners daughter, which she wasn’t lol When i confronted her about it and told her to take the page down she just changed it to a different girl from another gym. :banghead: Im glad she’s comfortable enough with herself now that she doesn’t have to pretend to be other people to have cheer friends. Or at least I hope she still doesn’t…

Everyone is justified in being upset about this, but you need to be realistic. People don't have as much power with Facebook, Twitter accounts as they think they do. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Any social networking sites claims rights to your online information. To be sure you have to check the security agreement we all "OK" when we join a site. This part is CRITICAL to understand:

Anything you post online becomes "public domain." It means that by posting it, you are OKing anyone who wants to copy it and reproduce it whenever and however they want. Don't want picture of your kids spread around? Then don't post them Otherwise the best way to control it is to ensure yours and your child's profiles are "Private" or that any information is visible only to "Friends"

The last setting is critical, otherwise "Friends of Friends" can view your pictures through someone else's account.

Also beware of people tagging themselves on your pictures because that is another way for people you don't know to instantly see your pictures on some creep's account. Here is one example: http://www.facebook.com/cstoecker1

The USASF Parent Action Committee Posted about this back in March on Cheer Parents Online:
http://cheerparentsonline.com/threads/cheerleading-and-online-privacy.84/

and in a thread here on Fierceboard: http://fierceboard.com/threads/cheerleading-and-online-privacy.13450/

We should not only stop fake profiles, but watch out for creeps and let our friends know of people we should report and block.

Just remember by having pictures and videos of yourself online you are opening up the chance for someone to make a fake profile with fake information. If you do not want a picture to be viewed by more than one other person do NOT put it online. Once it is out there, it is out there.

I laugh because I have seen a few video captures of my stunt video on here as peoples avatar and claim they are my wife. It doesn't bother me really, because what would I do anyway about it?

When you are online you are online to the World. Not even the names that think they are anonymous on here are really anonymous.

questionn:
when i am reporting these fakers do i classify them as impersonating a celebrity or someone i know. cause to facebook neither are technically true. ive been saying celeb.

I've heard of a cheer mag contacting a FAKE fan facebook page (thinking it was the real fan facebook page) of a very popular cheerleader and conducted an interview with the FAKER to be published in their magazine!!! Not a good situation.

Well I tried reporting several of the Erica accounts, but when u report it, u have to tag the actual account that the poser is copying. And can't tag if the real Erica doesn't have fb or isn't friends

Back