All-Star First Competitions?(:

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 20, 2012
Ok, so my team's first competition is this Saturday, the 10th. Now, it's not that I lack confidence, it's just that certain parts of the routine are "unpolished," per say. Not even for my sake, because, I know my part. But there are certain ones on the team that are a little sketchy. Like at the dance. I LOVE MY DANCE. But some others, their dance is not up to par. I feel like it will look, uncoordinated. Anyone else having cold feet about the first competition this year? We have practice tonight, and then that's it.

Nick.

As a writer, I consider it a rough draft of the ideas that your program is trying to present. When I write I get the big idea first, then research, revise, edit, condense and clarify without changing the meaning of what I am trying to say. It is a process to get to the finished product that you want to present. It takes time and depending on the project it could be a day or a lifetime.

Since every gym is different in their philosophy, you may not want to hit it out of the park now, but get on base! It is never what the outsiders think IMO but what your program goals are for the competition that matter. As time goes on it will tighten up and get better! At some point you will have to out it out there. You will be fine. Best of luck to you and your program.

*** Yeah I know mixed analogies. Sorry my brain works like that.:D

As a writer, I consider it a rough draft of the ideas that your program is trying to present. When I write I get the big idea first, then research, revise, edit, condense and clarify without changing the meaning of what I am trying to say. It is a process to get to the finished product that you want to present. It takes time and depending on the project it could be a day or a lifetime.

Since every gym is different in their philosophy, you may not want to hit it out of the park now, but get on base! It is never what the outsiders think IMO but what your program goals are for the competition that matter. As time goes on it will tighten up and get better! At some point you will have to out it out there. You will be fine. Best of luck to you and your program.

*** Yeah I know mixed analogies. Sorry my brain works like that.:D
Haha. Your analogy works great because i too love writing. I get that its a rough draft. Honestly, i think once we get this first one out of the way, it will be a lot better. For a lot of people its just a nerves thing.

Nick.

I think anyone who says their team is ready to beat the spankies off any other team at their first competition is either 1) delusional 2) got a routine that is way too easy or is 3) sandbagging a division when they're capable of more.

I sort of expect everyone to feel like they're not ready of for that first one because it is a rough draft and not the final product you're going to compete all season. I know we compete this weekend and while I think one of the CPs teams will be fine with the "draft" routine and music we have, the other one will be a miracle if partner stunts aren't a disaster.

For example (and let me cross myself before I say it) we saw SE at several early competitions last season and they were a hot mess. But, that's because it was EARLY in the season. Look how they finished it! They didn't start that way and if you are starting that way, something is not right.

Back