All-Star Flyer Unity....good Thing Or Bad?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ugh, I'm glad everyone on my team is on facebook. We use that for communicating info. And most of have smart phones, so we all get the notifications right away.
The schedule comes out 2 days before new week, so we need quick business. Normally it's not a problem, but sometimes....ugh.

I'm 24 years old (will be the big Quarter Century in 2 months)...this is a problem at my job. With adults.

We had a group text for arranging switches when the schedule came out (based on vacations/events etc). Some people started using it as a massive chat room and people got upset. We asked them to create a new one just for talking so that everyone wasn't having their phone explode when they were trying to sleep. Granted, we're older so nobody got that mad but..hey. Even adults don't want their phones blowing up for a 3 letter text every 2 seconds.

I'm a quarter of a century old today and am having a quarter life crisis! :( haha

I'm a quarter of a century old today and am having a quarter life crisis! :( haha
My fiancee had one of those...started when he was 23/24 and I believe is finally coming to an end a few months into being 25. He kept telling me quarter life crisises didn't exist...denial lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Last year a group of 7 girls removed themselves from the team group text, because "it blew up their phone" and started their own text group. It was not meant to be an exclusive group, just some of the older ones not wanting all of the "hey", "hey", "watsup", "hey", etc. Not a good idea. These girls rarely talked and never talked about anything substantial other than, "what are we supposed to wear tonight?", "exhausted", "that practice beat me down", etc. BUT, it really upset one child when she noticed they weren't talking on the group text anymore and found out they had their own. She assumed it must be because they wanted to talk about her behind her back and told other team mates they were talking about her. One girl had the entire text history and was able to prove it wasn't going on, but the damage was done. Anything that is going to make a team member feel excluded, insecure, less important, etc. is not going to be beneficial to the team as a whole.
I this common for teams to group text? For me I wouldn't want my phone to be blown up too. I understand that team info needs to get out quick, but if it was things not team related I would be a bit annoyed. I actually was getting texts from my dad that were meant for my brother and I couldn't understand what was going on. Turns out that my dad had a group message with my brother and I.. He had no Idea lol.

We had a coach start a Facebook group for flyers only last year. There were special flyers only stretch sessions before practice, extra time spent at the gym with just flyers to work skills,ect. It caused a lot of friction that bases were not welcome, so eventually it was openedto bases as well, but they were pretty much ignored. This coach was not interested in helping them get better at anything, only flyers. She was a flyer when she cheered and blatantly favored her flyers..., and is no longer with our gym.

That's just sad and wrong. at least she's gone.

I this common for teams to group text? For me I wouldn't want my phone to be blown up too. I understand that team info needs to get out quick, but if it was things not team related I would be a bit annoyed. I actually was getting texts from my dad that were meant for my brother and I couldn't understand what was going on. Turns out that my dad had a group message with my brother and I.. He had no Idea lol.
My team has a group message. It's really helpful when your teammates ask questions you hadn't thought of but need the information yourself. It's also a bonding experience because you get to know your teammates better in the random texts they send. If you read half of the texts we send each other you'd think we hated each other and the other half we're the closest family there could ever be. Also, we learn to trust each other wholeheartedly because we send them all ugly pictures of ourselves without fear that they'll use them except for extreme revenge

My team has a group message. It's really helpful when your teammates ask questions you hadn't thought of but need the information yourself. It's also a bonding experience because you get to know your teammates better in the random texts they send. If you read half of the texts we send each other you'd think we hated each other and the other half we're the closest family there could ever be. Also, we learn to trust each other wholeheartedly because we send them all ugly pictures of ourselves without fear that they'll use them except for extreme revenge

ahhh okay that makes sense. I guess I was thinking of it like everyone texts at the same time lol. I don't do group text lol unless I need go ask my sisters or family a question.

ahhh okay that makes sense. I guess I was thinking of it like everyone texts at the same time lol. I don't do group text lol unless I need go ask my sisters or family a question.
Well a lot of texts come in at the same time occasionally if someone asks a question but it's not bad. I think I text in the group message more than anything else. Not gonna lie

My team dont have a group message instead we have a secret group page on facebook where our coaches and our team members are so anything to do with training is posted there is you want to chat with your stunt group you set up a group message which works really well.

This year they have gone to "Group Me" and they can turn it off and on. I know cp likes it much better than the group text just because it doesn't subject her to 32 "heys", "watups", "nothing you", "chillin'", "bored", etc. between her texts which go more like, "Starbucks?", "yes", "see you there in 10". Some of the kids really seem to enjoy the idle chit chat and will talk all day on it, others like cp, just want the cheer info and will scroll through it before practice and get on it while traveling to comps.

I've had an ongoing group chat with 9 of my best friends from college for almost two years now. Yeah, we know it's weird. It started as a way to keep track of who was where, who was going out that night, when people were swinging by the sorority house to eat, who could give another a ride, etc. Then we just kept chatting. Then half of us graduated like 5 months into it, then the last half graduated in May. After the last group graduated we all switched to a groupme so we could turn it off since most of us now work. It's pretty funny since we're all now spread out across the country (Boston, DC, Atlanta, Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte) but still find things to talk about.

Sorry, I realized this added nothing to the conversation but it was fun to share.

I've had an ongoing group chat with 9 of my best friends from college for almost two years now. Yeah, we know it's weird. It started as a way to keep track of who was where, who was going out that night, when people were swinging by the sorority house to eat, who could give another a ride, etc. Then we just kept chatting. Then half of us graduated like 5 months into it, then the last half graduated in May. After the last group graduated we all switched to a groupme so we could turn it off since most of us now work. It's pretty funny since we're all now spread out across the country (Boston, DC, Atlanta, Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte) but still find things to talk about.

Sorry, I realized this added nothing to the conversation but it was fun to share.
I think that's so neat! I'm gonna be a senior, and I've had the same group chat with the same people since I was a sophomore. It's crazy. It's a few of my friends who used to be really close but we're not anymore, and the group chat is our way of getting back to that. We all kind of run in different circles, but that's alright. (We're like the breakfast club, but less diverse and less miserable about our lives!) It's gotten to where it's just funny pictures and videos from the internet, but it's still a way to keep up with each other!
ETA: sorry for also not contributing to the conversation.

Back