All-Star Flyers- Average Weight/height?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 21, 2010
Just wondering what the average height and weight is for most senior team flyers that are age 15 & up? This is my first yr as a flyer and Im trying to make sure I keep my weight within "normal" if there is such a thing.

Just wondering what the average height and weight is for most senior team flyers that are age 15 & up? This is my first yr as a flyer and Im trying to make sure I keep my weight within "normal" if there is such a thing.
if you want a "normal" weight look up or ask your doctor the weight and height YOU should be at your age. its different for everyone

honestly, do not stress yourself about weight it actually doesnt even matter i have had fliers heavier then me im (5'3 and 120) honestly all that matters is your ability to stay tight in the air work well with your bases in ever matter possible stay clean, tight and lock out, i would hate to see anybody start dieting or developing a disorder for something over flying its unnecessary (not trying to attack im simply having a tiny rant) lol but if you keep the above in mind you should have nothing to worry about :)

doesnt matter how much you weigh. as long as you have the ability to be a good flier and stay tight in the air :) If your really worried about it, go check with your doctor about the normal weight for your height and such. but as for height, it doesnt matter at all. dont stress about it!!

no no Im 5'5 and 118-119 and im always told im one of the "bigger flyers" and until this season I was always a backer thats why i asked. More out of curiousity

There is no 'average weight' for a flyer. It's not about how much you weigh, it's about whether you can stay in the air or not. If you can stay tight while up there and you have good flexibility then you'll be a great flyer no matter what your weight! Good luck flying this season! :)

At that height and weight you are definately on the lower end of normal, for BMI. Since you are an athlete I would be willing to bet your BMI is lower than what the calculator told me. You are fine.

thanks, I thought it was more about ability too, I just wanted some feedback, I really like flying im actually pretty good, by no means a maddie G, but since I was a backer for 4 yrs on higher level teams I new the technical aspects, then i got my chance this year and I love it and I really hope I get another chance next season to fly..

Back