All-Star Flyers- Average Weight/height?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm 5'5 not sure how much I weight but I've been a base for the last 7 years. Anyway, I fly now in college. We always need "bigger" (not sure how to word it) & stronger girls for the middle layer of pyramids and stuff. So it works out because a few of us based all throughout high school. We have girls that used to be backspots that fly too.You should still give it a shot!
Same story here. Being a base really helps when you become a mid layer in pyramids.

Same story here. Being a base really helps when you become a mid layer in pyramids.

And never being a base makes it really hard to transition to mid-leveling at 25 years old :( I'm just not as light as some of the teenagers on my team and I think my coach forgets that while I may be an experience level 6 cheerleader, I've never been a mid layer.

Sent from the Fierce Board App

Great bases make amazing mids. And good mids can almost always save a pyramid if needed. We have a base who was asked to top last year due to a lack of tops. She knows she's the biggest top and also has the best technique, cos she wants to make life easier on her bases. This year she's back to basing but is a mid on our pyramids. They are so solid cos she knows how to base.

I also find smaller tops (usually the young and new ones) tend to have "little girl syndrome". They think that cos they're little, they're easy to lift so they don't understand the work and technique they need to be a top.

this is my life.
whenever i go to the doctor they say that im overweight. it kills me.
had to laugh when i saw this... my daughter is 11 years old, 4'' 2', and weighs about 60 lbs... every year i get a note from her school saying she is obese... then i look at a pic of her ripped abs and laugh!

I used to be a base for my high school team a year ago but I had a horrible injury where I was told I could never cheer again. I was forced to quit my allstar team but didn't listen to my doctors and told my highschool coach I wanted to fly. She let me but my bases and backspots never caught me. I tried so hard to be such a great flyer. I was very flexible and I was even getting close to getting my needle. I don't think it should matter when coaches pick flyers that they should be a certain height or weight. They should pick flyers on how bad they want to be up in the hair and how much their willing to put in hard work.

It matters more about technique then weight. I've seen girls who are 90 lbs that have no technique that can't fly as good as a "normal" sized girl with good technique.

Back