High School Fundraising Ideas That Work

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We always do car washes a few times every summer. We do it for free and ask for donations. Since our town is really small we only have one high school so we do it there. Plus everyone on the team brings hoses, sponges, soap ect from home.

Around this time of year we always sell gift certificates to a local plant nursery. Each girl has to sell 5 $25 certificates. They usually sell so fast and sometimes people will buy extra.

We do a 3 day summer camp and 1 day clinic in december for little girls. We make a ton of money on this every year. Make sure fliers get around. Last year fliers weren't able to get out as quickly and we had about 70 girls opposed to the 200 in years past. The fee includes a snack and tee shirt.

Alot of people have talked about a babysitting night at a local gym. Tonight my HS team had one for the upcoming season. It was 5 dollars a hour per child, and 4 hours long. We had the tumble track, tramp, a circuit, crafts, a movie and snacks. The kids LOVED it and we made over $560 in just 4 short hours. It was a great easy way to raise money.

Movie Nights! Charge $20 and put on a movie and get popcorn.. It makes tons, especially if it is a movie that was just put out on DVD

Does anyone have ideas that bring in big money ($1000 or more)? I just took over a HS team and I get to start with a negative balance due to girls that didn't pay for things last year! I would like to pad my account as much as possible!! I already have car washes and (the way overdone) candy sales set up so far....any big money ideas that weren't already mentioned would be a great help!

Thanks everyone!!

Gym or school? Some fundraisers don't work for both. I'd be happy to share if I know which type you are needing! My team fundraises constantly (finished one today actually and start the new one Monday!) I typically don't like doing fundraisers that don't at least bring in $1,000 +. I personally don't feel they are worth the time and effort if they are only a couple of hundred.

I PMed you a few days ago....I just took over a HS team with a negative budget from last year, so I need some big money ideas...I would love any and all suggestions! :). Thanks!

What we do is go to a crowded place downtown and then we do stunts at the traffic lights... last time, we collected 130 € in 2 hours and it was so much fun!

Here's a short video:

when i was a senior a couple years ago what we did was since there was tryouts coming up we held a camp for pop warner teams kids that wanted to try out and anyone one wanting to cheer. we bought little snacks and a shirt for the practice we split them in too 3 groups. and taught them based on what they know. we played unity games! and did little performances for one another. i wish i could give you more but i was just the athlete not that in to it. haha but it was fun for the most part hope anyone can work off of this. lol

Does anyone have ideas that bring in big money ($1000 or more)? I just took over a HS team and I get to start with a negative balance due to girls that didn't pay for things last year! I would like to pad my account as much as possible!! I already have car washes and (the way overdone) candy sales set up so far....any big money ideas that weren't already mentioned would be a great help!

Thanks everyone!!
I know the feeling there! I've done Auntie Anne's pretzels and we raised about $3000 but I'm just so sick of having them selling things because some students can do it and some can't. I'm going to try the dance one that was listed above even if its a regular school dance either way you'll make money off of it.

Oh & heres another idea! In the summer my school holds kid camps for two separate weeks. (although im not sure how much we charge per kid) during the week we teach the kids dances, cheers, chants, etc. Each day we make awards and hand them out. & the kids get to perform the dance they learned at our first home game of the season with us :)

This is going to sound sooo dumb but my school made so much money off of it. It was called "Flocked". First we purchased a few dozen of those plastic lawn flamingos. Person A would request that we "flock" persons B house. They would pay $15 and we would sneakily at night place ALL of the flamingos all over Person B's house. Then Person B would have to pay $5 or $10 to get them all removed and they would pay to have someone else's house flocked. It became like a joke in town because no one wanted to be flocked and it was fun to do to your friends and enemies as well since it was anonymous. It was fun for both the cheerleaders and town. We had to talk to the police quickly at first but they didnt have a problem with it at all, since people were paying to have it done, it wasnt vandalizing. We ended up making a ton of money and getting alot of press for it.
sooooo. . . i think we know who this is!
29g6c4.jpg

sorry if the pics so big.

car washes work,, if everyone advertises. get it in the radio, the newspaper everything.
holding day camps for little kids is fun too.
or hold astunt off, or tumbling off to make some money, that works.
breakfast with santa?
or do a garage sale at your school :)

Our Squad have done this a couple of times now in a clothing shop in our shopping centre. We arranged with the company to wear clothes they selected, then took it in turns (3 cheerleaders at a time, then changed groups every 5 songs that were played in the shop) to stand in the shop window as living mannequins. Our coaches stood outside with collection tins, which the public donted too. We done this on a Saturday afternoon (1-5pm) and raised £100ish (which was split between us and the stores charity).

We've also done a fashion show - wearing the latest clothing lines of 3/4 stores in town.

Sposered 3-legged walk

Quiz night (not really a money earner for us)

Back