All-Star Furthest Weekly Commute

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Reallycoolcheermommy

Cheer Parent
Feb 19, 2012
What's the furthest weekly commute to cheer have you ever made or heard of???

Reallycoolcheermommy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't someone fly to a different state every week for practice?
I know a girl used to fly from Florida to NC to cheer on Senior Elite.
Several people fly to be on Cali teams. I'm pretty coed and elite used to only practice on the weekends to make things work for those people.
Matt Smith flies to cheer on Cheetahs. Not sure from where though.

Wis to Alabama for warriors
Miami FL to ATL GA
NC to GA

These are just ones I've heard of off the top of my head.

For level 5 teams it's not unusual for people to fly in on a weekly or biweekly basis

Wis to Alabama for warriors
For level 5 teams it's not unusual for people to fly in on a weekly or biweekly basis

Correct. ACE has had athletes from Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Texas and Mississippi travel each week to Birmingham to practice. I may have missed some.

Mine isn't that far. I travel 35-45 minutes there and 35-45 minutes back twice a week. But that is the closest gym besides one my parents won't allow me to cheer at.

Correct. ACE has had athletes from Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Texas and Mississippi travel each week to Birmingham to practice. I may have missed some.

Does the gym pay for them to fly there?

Does the gym pay for them to fly there?

No, ma'am.

And I know other gyms (like Cheer Athletics, Cali, World Cup, etc) have had multiple athletes doing the same kind of thing.

What's the furthest weekly commute to cheer have you ever made or heard of???

When I cheered I drove 198 miles round trip, and had practice minimum 4 days a week. It totaled 4 hours of driving each day and I did it junior and senior year. To me, it was worth every second and every penny. You have to find what works best for you, and for me it was where I needed to be.

I know for some of these fly ins they were able to organize (relatively) cheap round trip flights every week. On small local airlines you can fly for like 80 bucks round trip, plus whatever discounts they may work out with you. Sure it's a lot but sometimes it can be worked out to be somewhat comparable to gas.

I know a girl used to fly from Florida to NC to cheer on Senior Elite.
Several people fly to be on Cali teams. I'm pretty coed and elite used to only practice on the weekends to make things work for those people.
Matt Smith flies to cheer on Cheetahs. Not sure from where though.

That was Sharity! She used to cheer at my old gym here in Jacksonville!

Matt Smith flies in from Arkansas (Little Rock area, I believe).

Back