All-Star Getting Caught...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Beans100 @Cheer Dad @SL&AM @AngelsMum24 we all want the kids to have a fair shot on the competition floor. With that said, I tend to put on the corporate hat to try to figure out why they won't do something the way we all feel it should be done. Two things: It's not cost effective or there is legal risk. They aren't going to post cheaters because, that comes with legal risk and they aren't going to cherry pick by circumstance. I get the fact people don't like it when I state the corporate view but, I only state what is obvious to me from working in that world for many years. FYI, that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it.
I definitely see your point and often try to look at things from many stances. But I'm not sure how much liability the USASF could have for upholding the rules and similar to a BBB report have ratings or like newspapers report names. Newspapers aren't sued for factual reporting.

**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**

I don't think they can really refuse to give it back, especially an AL. if the check for a paid was already cashed idk how much they could do (without getting law enforcement involved) to get the money back. But you can't compete at worlds without a bid so they wouldn't be able to register/if they were already registered they couldn't compete. It's not really about the physical bid, they can just print a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? I thought it was all about being paid for, like can't you pay for it like a regular comp (if it's feasible of course) but yeah besides that. I get what you're saying.

My daughter has gotten paid bids to summit twice and we never see that money, nor does the gym.

It randomly gets applied to our acct on the summit registration website after we have set it up and paid the deposit for the others in the room.

So I would assume the competition company is giving them the money for X kids (this season 19, last season 31) so they go thru the kids roster'd for that team at the time of registration and apply the credit. It looks like a payment to us but not one we made!!

Our gym didn't actually get a check.

If there is a substitute our gym owner just lets them know who comes off the roster and goes on it and they transfer funds.

So I don't think there is any check cashing or decision to give it back. If it is being revoked for whatever reason the powers at be will make sure you can't go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely see your point and often try to look at things from many stances. But I'm not sure how much liability the USASF could have for upholding the rules and similar to a BBB report have ratings or like newspapers report names. Newspapers aren't sued for factual reporting.
**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**

I understand why people would want to compare this to the BBB and the newspaper but, those businesses aren't actually affiliated with the awarding system they are reporting on so, they hold no liability. Because the EP is directly tied to giving out the award, that is where the EP's risk comes in. The USASF could remove their "sanctioned event" status from the EP but, strictly from a corporate and legal stand point, a public posting from the EP has absolutely nothing to do with the USASF or the EP upholding safety and rules....with that said, it's time for me to remove the corporate hat and take cover, it just ticks people off. :oops:

I understand why people would want to compare this to the BBB and the newspaper but, those businesses aren't actually affiliated with the awarding system they are reporting on so, they hold no liability. Because the EP is directly tied to giving out the award, that is where the EP's risk comes in. The USASF could remove their "sanctioned event" status from the EP but, strictly from a corporate and legal stand point, a public posting from the EP has absolutely nothing to do with the USASF or the EP upholding safety and rules....with that said, it's time for me to remove the corporate hat and take cover, it just ticks people off. :oops:
You make perfect sense and do bring up some good points.

This world is just too legal happy now a days.

I think the EP could legitimately report a team as a DQ if they were deemed ineligible after they competed. I don't see how the EP would incur any liability for that. They're not smearing the gym name. They're simply stating facts that a team who competed is ineligible to be listed in the final standings.

Really? I thought it was all about being paid for, like can't you pay for it like a regular comp (if it's feasible of course) but yeah besides that. I get what you're saying.
No you can't. You have to have a bid to compete at worlds. It's not like you can just sign up like a normal comp. A paid bid helps to pay for it, an at large bid only allows you to attend (paying full price).

@Beans100 @Cheer Dad @SL&AM @AngelsMum24 we all want the kids to have a fair shot on the competition floor. With that said, I tend to put on the corporate hat to try to figure out why they won't do something the way we all feel it should be done. Two things: It's not cost effective or there is legal risk. They aren't going to post cheaters because, that comes with legal risk and they aren't going to cherry pick by circumstance. I get the fact people don't like it when I state the corporate view but, I only state what is obvious to me from working in that world for many years. FYI, that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it.
I was speaking from the gym's responsibility. If the gym owner wasn't aware they had illegal aged athletes on their team, then the owner needs to be more involved. USASF rosters aren't something I would let a coach handle because in the end, it's my gym and reputation on the line.

I was speaking from the gym's responsibility. If the gym owner wasn't aware they had illegal aged athletes on their team, then the owner needs to be more involved. USASF rosters aren't something I would let a coach handle because in the end, it's my gym and reputation on the line.
In this case the owner intentionally put the older kids on the team and admitted doing it. That is not an oversight or anything the USASF should have any liability in.

As for flip city. They had been caught cheating before, this was just the first time there was a penalty for it. Their small j2 team is made up of their j4 and sr5 athletes, not illegal, but good luck to those who have to go against them with a true level 2 team.

Last edited:
As for flip city. They had been caught cheating before, this was just the first time there was a penalty for it. Their small j2 team is made up of their j4 and sr5 athletes, not illegal, but good luck to those who have to go against them.
This is why I think there needs to be a rostering process for ALL teams, not just worlds teams and rules about crossovers between levels that apply at every USASF event. No athlete should be able to compete on a level 2 team and a level 5 team in the same season. I know that it will never happen because of the money to be made form crossovers, but it would be oh so easy to do and eliminate this kind of thing.

That's partly why I like the d1/d2 split. Small gyms can not survive w/o crossovers. But big gyms (and this one has enough kids not to need to use crossovers, they have 9 teams) do not need to be doing this. Hopefully the same rules that apply at the summit will be across the board soon.

Back