All-Star Gi Pros

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No offense, but there is nothing invalid about a score dropping by a mere .23, and other than the fact that this was a lower-scoring panel than usual, there wasn't really a mess to fix. The order of the level 5 placements was on point, and at the end of the day, that's more important. Just because you think you were better doesn't mean the judges did. This was nothing more than a really blown out of proportion temper tantrum.

And while I understand that scoring can be confusing and infuriating, getting minors to assist in doing the dirty work that should have been handled by adults behind the scenes is not progress. The entire scene was not awe-inpsiring or iconic. It was awkward and cringe worthy, bordering on trashy.
I was being general in my comments...I know absolutely nothing about the particulars of this team and its scores. I was just very surprised that anyone would care about how “respected” the EP and judges felt, and how “infuriated” the Varsity employees were. As one of many people who contribute to their livelihood...I can assure you that is the farthest thing from my mind. That’s all. Although, it will be interesting to see if this team is retaliated against going forward.

Team Gunz had an unfortunate major stunt fall that cost them 1.25 points, so unfortunately GI Pros denied themselves the opportunity to ever know the answer to that.
Yes and the same thing happened at NCA if you look at the score sheet. Team Gunz out scored GI Pros both days but ultimately came in behind them because of a 1.5 deduction on day 2. The scores for both teams between these 2 comps seem pretty similar which I guess is why I am confused by the protest as they seemed to be scored in the same range they had been scored in.....I could be way off base though as obviously we can't see their scores from other comps besides these ones

It needs to have brokered some change to be considered effective. What change did it make?

I do agree with this idea, but I think it’s too soon to determine if any change will come from it. Based on previous “stands” taken or frustrations being voiced, I doubt it will. Varsity has made it real clear that the customer is not their primary concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It needs to have brokered some change to be considered effective. What change did it make?
Who knows yet? It’s been one day! I know some mad parents, parents who have nothing at all to do with this particular situation but are sick and tired of the lack of transparency. This is getting people talking. I know plenty of people who are considering leaving bc of cost, and this doesn’t make them more anxious to tough it out and stay

We are all talking about GI Pros marking their routine. The reason why they did it is a conversation we've all been having for years. Their actions didn't spark the topic, and it probably didn't serve as much of a solution, unfortunately. So, I'd say "ineffective."
You're right, a convo we've all had. But they did something, and did it publicly so something would hopefully have to be done.

What would you do differently to get this change to start occurring? We haven't seen or heard of @Cheerfan1234 calling out EPs for their issues or starting an association for judge education? Idk what your goal is with this type of argument

Then stop saying GI Pros did the wrong thing. The coaches, athletes, and gym felt it was the right move for the issue at the time.

Everyone constantly says 'speak with your wallets' - well guess what, GI Pros did! To me they said 'if you don't take this seriously, then we don't either and we don't want your cheap plastic trophy'

Posters are allowed to have opinions and shouldn't get a Dislike just because you don't agree with that opinion.

Then what is the dislike for? lol
If you look at a user's profile, it's actually a negative mark against a user. We don't use it to determine anything, but it's not a "good" thing to give.

To go back to your original comment that I replied to, it's also not at all talking with their wallet when they've already paid. It's a protest, for sure, but absolutely not with their wallets.

Look, I don't have a strong opinion either way on this. I see all the complaints about scoring in ASGA every week, so I can see how Jason may have felt there was nothing he could do. But just because we're talking about it here or on twitter doesn't mean anything. This forum is 95% parents and fans. And I do think that marking on day 2 was a big fat waste of parent's money - but then again, I probably wouldn't my team travel that far to a non bid event a month before worlds anyway just to compete against one team. So it was already a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

Are the powers that be talking about it? Are they going to change anything? That's what's actually important here, not whether we're talking about it on fierceboard.

Last edited:
I have to say that I was super proud of how they went about doing things. They made a point, brought attention to the issue, and didn't talk trash to make it happen. I for one LOVE that it happened, and hope that it can help with scoring. I have heard left and right from parents, athletes, and even coaches about times where big gyms or local gyms get favored even when the routines and scoring should favor someone else. I watched some amazing girls I know this season get second despite being the only team in the top 3 to hit because the judges didn't like how young their fliers were and how it made the team look as a whole.... not sure why that is cause to give the win to a team that had more than one stunt fall both days....

Its only been a day.. who knows maybe you'll see more teams doing it .. i don't see how them marking a routine is "trashy"
Its only been a day.. who knows maybe you'll see more teams doing it .. i don't see how them marking a routine is "trashy"
I agree it has only been one day and none of the parents I was at the comp with thought it was inappropriate or trashy. I saw teams win in other divisions that left me shaking me my head. Were the teams all judged fairly? No one knows because there is no transparency. This is discussion is old on the board but it may have opened the eyes of some parents this weekend.

Last edited:
Just like any other issue, just because it's been discussed, doesn't mean it can't be revisited. Look at the current conversations on gun violence. It has been talked to death, but now that the teens have voiced their protests, serious changes are being considered. Imagine bigger, more prominent programs decided to protest by not attending Spirit Sports events in solidarity with GI Pro's position. That might bring the point home. Who knows? Historically, peaceful protest works.
BTW, I'm not associated with the kids or their program. I just feel that it's important that the athletes feel empowered to take a stand if it's important to them. Winning and money isn't everything. At the end of the day, it's their sport.

Back