All-Star Girl Power

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not gonna lie, I watched the first video and went "yeah, but she's a fetus".. Saw the second video and jaw dropped. You go girl!

C's Mom What kind of exercises did the personal trainer recommend? What kind of advice did he give?
He had her do a series of movements and watched her body as she moved. Somehow from that he determined what muscles were weak and needed strengthening so that she wouldn't get hurt. She was arching her back quite a bit which told him she needed to strengthen her core in order to take the stress off her back. Those injuries are the most common. She does a lot of core work now. He gave us a list of equipment to buy for home. Not too much. We got one of those big balls that she does jack knives and ball exchange on. He wanted us to get one of those half ball balance balls but we already had a balance disc. She was told to stand on that while doing bicep curls (10 lb each hand) and keeping her back straight. Planks, planks while stretching one arm out and the opposite leg for 15 seconds at a time. There are more but I can't think of all of them.
He was also able to determine that her calf muscles were very tight just from observing her doing squats. He said that she need to roll them out because if she continued the way she was eventually they could tear. We bought one of those foam rollers and she supports herself with her arms while rolling her calves back and forth on top of it or I roll it on her calves for her.

The main thing for girls is core, core, and more core. Hope that helps.

Not gonna lie, I watched the first video and went "yeah, but she's a fetus".. Saw the second video and jaw dropped. You go girl!

LOL! The first girl, Emmaline, is 67 lbs. I am not sure what Michaela weighs but she is college girl size for sure. Ceara is between 5'8"-5'9" so most girls look short compared to her too.

Unbelievable. This is seriously awesome! I'm going to share this with the girls on my coed 6 team who are determined to show the boys (and the coach!) that they're just as good with better technique :)

Here are a couple of more videos that were recorded earlier in July and August. She has improved since then because now she tosses directly to lib. I really cannot wait to attend the bigger competitions and see all of these girls doing these co-ed stunts!:cheering:

Back