All-Star Graduating From An All Star Mom To A College Cheer Mom. (uca)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will your CP do sideline cheer or just college UCA comp cheer?

She will be doing both. I'm just curious about UCA nationals compared to Worlds and NCA Nationals. I know they are a different style, but I don't know what to expect of that style..

She will be doing both. I'm just curious about UCA nationals compared to Worlds and NCA Nationals. I know they are a different style, but I don't know what to expect of that style..
Forget everything you know about allstar cheerleading. There's no glitz, glam or sassiness because UCA is all business. Huge emphasis on building skills and crowd leading. It's a completely different world. I'd recommend this video:

The hardest thing for me was not being as involved. With AllStar I was team mom, at practices, always doing something. My daughter went to school 21 hours away so the change to my life was drastic to say the least!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Learn to love the sporting events! Cheering at games is just as important as competition most of the time.

I transitioned from L5 all star to UCA college and loved it. It's much more stunt and pyramid focused. Get used to seeing older and bigger girls in the air on all girl and small coed teams. A life-long side base and back spot, I got pushed to flying and mid-layering very quickly.

I can't really say anything about style or college cheer itself... @cheermom5678 as you know from Facebook, mine switched from allstar cheer to college dance team, but still the same as what a lot have already said. I don't really get to be involved anymore. She did her own audition video with her friends, has gone to the meetings, etc. They haven't started their season yet, but I've had no involvement other than a TEXT telling me she made it and got a $9600 scholarship. A text. She still lives at home and works at the same place I do lol.

So, yeah, it's not the same in that it's really *her* thing now. It's always been her thing but I was there for all of it. Now I'm just watching from afar. :(

I went to a UCA high school team to a UCA college team (UWGB sadly doesn't compete but we still do a UCA camp and such) and my mom said she really missed the competitions and being involved in the fundraising thing we did in HS. My parents always went to competitions in HS (not so much games since there were so many) but now instead they try to come up to any Packer games or basketball games that they can. I think one of the biggest changes for parents is you are less involved and are away from it (assuming your daughter is away from home for school). Also in HS cheer or allstar you really get to know that other cheer parents since your always with them for competitions and things but in college you don't have that. My parents only know one other cheer parents of people from my team and that's because the girls became a great friend and roommate.

I can't really say anything about style or college cheer itself... @cheermom5678 as you know from Facebook, mine switched from allstar cheer to college dance team, but still the same as what a lot have already said. I don't really get to be involved anymore. She did her own audition video with her friends, has gone to the meetings, etc. They haven't started their season yet, but I've had no involvement other than a TEXT telling me she made it and got a $9600 scholarship. A text. She still lives at home and works at the same place I do lol.

So, yeah, it's not the same in that it's really *her* thing now. It's always been her thing but I was there for all of it. Now I'm just watching from afar. :(

congrats to your daughter!!

Back