All-Star Grammar Thread - Have At It

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Paragraphs are important. They really help the reader stay focused and be able to follow the writer's thoughts.
Paragraphs are my worst enemy. I consider myself a fairly good writer and I'm always the one correcting my friends on their improper grammar, but I struggle so much making my paragraphs flow properly and deciding where there's a good point to begin a new paragraph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather see each sentence be its own paragraph than try to muddle through with none at all.

It was a post or two on here that really got me today. I had a difficult time reading -- so much that the poster's point was lost to me

I struggle with paragraphs too. Their construction has changed since I learned to write. Plus they don't seem natural in social media for some reason.

Court Reports you must often write one sentence paragraphs though. :)

I want to know why news stories are written so that every single sentence is its own paragraph. It drives me insane.

I'm an (ex) English major that writes for my university newspaper and this drives me insane. The formatting is something I just can't get behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drive by posting which (I'm sure) has been mentioned.

"Apart" means you're actually detached or removed from something.

"A part" means you're connected or inclusive in a group, state or body.

People need to stop tweeting about how "blessed they are to be apart of this team." Either you're seeking a degree in sarcasm or you're illiterate.

That is all.

I want to know why news stories are written so that every single sentence is its own paragraph. It drives me insane.

It's due to the short attention spans that people have today. They apparent won't read more than one paragraph of the article if it looks too long - similar to like putting the most important info in the first two sentences.

I swear people are becoming more dumbed-down by the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back