Gym Decision

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which team?

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2013
I need help. Im having a lot of difficulty deciding on which gym I want to go to this coming season. I've had my evaluations for both, now I just have to decide.
Ill make nicknames for these teams.
The first team is "Purple"
So Purple is about 25 minutes for my house. Its the best gym in our whole state probably! They win EVERYTHING! They have amazing form, tumbling, stunts, jumps everything. Its over $3000 for the competition fees, gym fees, uniform, shoes, apparel. Id MOST LIKELY end up basing and i really loved flying at my last gym. But this team is known as the best of the best. This gym walks into competitions and people tell them how much they wish they could be on their team. Its a very very professional gym. Practice 3 days per week.

And the next gym is "Red"
Red is a more family feel gym. Id most likey get to fly and be on a higher level team then at "purple" But we wouldnt win as much as purple and they arent very well known for their amazingness. The coaches wont push you as hard so there will be a lot less stress. This gym may be a good option since its only about $1500 with everything. Its about 35-40 minutes away from my house. Practice 2 days per week.

Please help me decide. I think id rather go to "Purple" but would i really want to base? And is it worth the money(maybe coming from a coahces or parents perspective?)

Questions, what level team would you be hoping for and how old are you?

I think it makes a difference. As a parent this is something I have been thinking about since we have been thinking about moving. CP is not a level 5 cheerleader yet so getting the best fit for her at this point may not be the same type of gym as "Purple". And honestly money also may come in to play for your parents. Also, what are you goals in terms of cheer? Do you want to go to Worlds and be competitve? It is a lot to think about. I am hoping if we move we make the right choice for CP.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I would say def purple because later on you may end up flying to if they need someone.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The coach at "Purple" told me I would have a chance of working up to flying next year, or if i stretch everyday untill we start putting stunt groups together in June, and if I can show her, I would also have a chance to fly this season.
If I base, i truly feel like it wouldnt be a big deal because I mean, someone needs to base, am i right? hahah!

Questions, what level team would you be hoping for and how old are you?

I think it makes a difference. As a parent this is something I have been thinking about since we have been thinking about moving. CP is not a level 5 cheerleader yet so getting the best fit for her at this point may not be the same type of gym as "Purple". And honestly money also may come in to play for your parents. Also, what are you goals in terms of cheer? Do you want to go to Worlds and be competitve? It is a lot to think about. I am hoping if we move we make the right choice for CP.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Purple: Im going to work to get all of my level 4 skills this summer, otherwise clean up my level 3 skills and just be on level 3. I really want to be on a competitive strict team, but at the same time its questionable.

Red: They already told me id get to fly. So its literally like crushing me to try to decide.

Im 14 so i have a lot of imput on information on my cheer team that I go to.

My mom and dad really are not thrilled about the price for Purple. But they have great fundraising (as does Red)

I think it depends how important flying is to you. Like for instance I'm Level 5, but only because I fly, so I'd probably go to "Red" if I was in your situation, and then wait a year to switch to "Purple" after getting more skills and stuff.

But if you really want to excel, and you're okay with basing, I'd definitely go to Purple.

I think at your age...go with purple. My CP loved red when she was younger, but really wanted more push, as well as teammates who were as committed as she was, as she got older.

Back