High School Hair We Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Same here. I love the look of a half up with curls for games, but tend to stick to ponies for comps.
Half up with curls is such a pretty game day look!

My cp and former cp always have made sure their hair and makeup were done for games because it is a performance and there are many eyes on them. Wish all the girls felt the same.

No such rule here! I think that Illinois or some state up north does have a rule like that. Our state website is terrible!!!

Usually we wear our hair in high straight ponytails for away games and half up half down curled for home games. It can change occasionally on busy weeks or important away games, but that is usually our system.

In Illinois, hair must be all up in a ponytail and cannot touch shoulders. Even for games.

In Illinois, hair must be all up in a ponytail and cannot touch shoulders. Even for games.
Uhh...my hair is mid-lower back even when it's a high HIGH little child fountain ponytail. I would have to wear a bun if it couldn't touch shoulders. There is no way I could do a ponytail and have it not touch shoulders.

Uhh...my hair is mid-lower back even when it's a high HIGH little child fountain ponytail. I would have to wear a bun if it couldn't touch shoulders. There is no way I could do a ponytail and have it not touch shoulders.
It can be anyway you want, it just cant touch shoulders. When I cheered for high school I had to put my hair in a bun.

How do you wear your hair for games? Or, how does your team/cp wear theirs?

Does your state have rules for games or just for comps?

More specifically, is there a rule in TN that states the hair has to be in a ponytail in order to legally stunt. One of the cheerleaders who originally cheered in another state has told the girls this. I have difficulty with the state website and couldn't find much on the national ones either. Isn't someone a coach who might know, maybe @AScheer?

The only rule we have found for High School competitions is that there cannot be anything metal like clips in your hair nor can you wear headbands. The girls on my team tend to wear their hair in low or high ponytails.

The only rule we have found for High School competitions is that there cannot be anything metal like clips in your hair nor can you wear headbands. The girls on my team tend to wear their hair in low or high ponytails.
I hate the headbands! I don't notice it much with the team this year, but last year some of the girls wore them all the time.

Back