All-Star Half Top Vs. Full Tops

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think a Full top will always look best, and cleaner, not to say that there aren't some Great half tops in the industry! As soon as the kids start making the decision on what their uniform should look like, you have probably lost your power to make the decision.. There is nothing wrong with a full top, if it is made out of the right material that is not hot, itchy, or uncomfortable. Half tops don't always look good on everyone.. even if you have a six pack. So go with what you decide, or vote, talk about it with the staff, not the kids or the parents. That would be my vote.... and btw....HEY!!!:)))

Personally, I prefer half tops for senior teams. I feel full tops make them look more like a junior/youth and not an elite senior team.

Will that really make a difference? I am looking at the skills that the teams perform, not really the uniform anyway. As long as the uniform is clean, and has a little flash, I am still looking at the skills, which also as a judge is what I should look for, not full tops or half tops...

IMO, full tops are going to come up during the routine anyway, especially on girls who have a little more "love" on top. And those are the girls that are trying to cover up. But the little skinny girls' long tops stay down, or come up less. So then you've got differing amounts of skin at the mid drift which doesn't look nice on the mat. Kids don't have to live in the uniforms, just wear them for 2 and a half minuets at a competition, then slip on a team t-shirt over it. Bottom line is, I think they look better on the floor.

my gym has half tops, but we have the option of getting a full top. It doesnt really take away the look. At the first competition, the one girl on the team with the full top, it kept riding up, so she had her mom sew snaps around the skirt and she was able to snap it down. it works well

YESS AGREED WITH "CCCBeBad"! Do it for level 5 or senior teams!! I do like full tops but i prefer the half tops idk why but I think it just looks better. I'm in love with CEA, Unity, Reign, &WCSS's uniform tops! I love Top Gun, but their new uni's shows a little too much skin for me imo. Post a picture of the design I'd love to see it!:) Good luck!

my gym only 2 teams have 1/2 tops and they are our 2 top levels..everyone else has full tops. I personally like the 1/2 tops because stunting is soo much easier no slipping on unis..also your not as hot as a full top.

I actually think that is a great idea!! Get one that you can make long enough so that if a girl wants to wear a full, nobody will notice. Or, the overweight girls could wear tight shirts underneath....flesh colored so you couldn't tell or all the same color if they needed to match.

At my old gym, you could order a full top or a crop top, the full top was just black on the bottom. Or some girls who ordered crop tops but decided they didn't want them ended up wearing black tank tops underneath. Except for up close it looked just like the full top.

We offer our tops in 1/2 or full, most go for the 1/2 but there are some that have the full and they look great either way!

I think half tops look better.
but it depends on the person. Not to sound mean, but sometimes a person that is very large in a half top can be distracting to the talent or skills of that person, i feel like every gym that wears a half top should also offer the full top because that will give alot of girls a confidence boost and allow them to shine on the floor, not worrying about body image.

honestly, the nude colored body suite under the half top doesnt look bad! IMO i feel that half tops look more all star and full tops look more high school, but maybe that is just because i have done both.
and as to some parents they do not like the half tops but even if the team has half tops they can preform with the half top on then put a shirt on right after!
i would say half tops!

A uniform is a uniform...you don't get scored for it, and what you wear won't make your athletes more or less talented. Half tops, full tops, heavy girls, skinny girls...it shouldn't matter. Do what look presentable and clean, and represent your gym the way you want it to be represented. Cheerleading is about performance, and yes uniforms are the costumes that aid the performance...but what you wear doesn't make or break the routine.

I love my half-top uniform, and I know girls who love their full top uniforms from other programs...but at the end of the day, it's really about the love of cheerleading, NOT the length of our shirts...just my opinion.

Back