All-Star Harlem Shake At Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to admit, when I first read this thread, I had no earthly idea what this "Harlem Shake" was. Needless to say, I was shocked by how many videos of this new "planking" craze there are on youtube. I think the most shocking thing was seeing all of the "office" videos of people doing this. Good lord, this makes one thing very clear... we as a society are really just bored out of our minds. I thought this one was worth sharing...

Is this the one you remember???

That was the second resurrection of the Harlem Shake - there was one back in the 80s, but yes, it was more similar to this one, as opposed to the third resurrection they are doing now. (If that makes sense.)

I guess nothing is every really new. I tell my daughter all the time that the songs she likes are sampled from songs from way back when.

I am so incredibily confused... I don't follow pop music at all (so usually I miss out on these songs that provoke dance moves) but I am wayyyy at a loss on this one. So the "harlem shake" starts out with a few people and one of them is booty poppin and then all of sudden everyone comes out of no where and is doing their own thing?

I will be in charge of it, and we will remove anyone that does any inappropriate dance moves (twerking, booty popping, you name it). CHEERSPORT is a family friendly environment and we plan to keep it that way.

I must admit I was confused at first, but the key is to have someone doing random dance moves while everyone goes about their business, then when the beat drops everyone goes nuts.

I am so incredibily confused... I don't follow pop music at all (so usually I miss out on these songs that provoke dance moves) but I am wayyyy at a loss on this one. So the "harlem shake" starts out with a few people and one of them is booty poppin and then all of sudden everyone comes out of no where and is doing their own thing?
I kinda like it. It looks to be pretty much freestyle. They seem like they are having a lot fun. I don't think it's a choreographed piece to be explained. Kinda every person for themselves.

Just a note- we will be filming as soon as So You Think You Can Tumble/Stunt is over, so it might be a little before 9pm. Can't wait to see everyone!

You got it!

I will be in charge of it, and we will remove anyone that does any inappropriate dance moves (twerking, booty popping, you name it). CHEERSPORT is a family friendly environment and we plan to keep it that way.

I must admit I was confused at first, but the key is to have someone doing random dance moves while everyone goes about their business, then when the beat drops everyone goes nuts.
So like a middle school dance, then :p

I'm not going to lie, I wanted to scratch the whole thing right before we did it. I went out and talked to kids right before hand and they were so confused. Then as soon as I said "everyone come up on stage"...everyone. sprinted. Looking forward to organizing more fun things at our events in the future!

I didn't have a clue what a harlem shake is two weeks ago.
Fierceboard thaught me and since then i've seen so many videos of teams doing it, companies - it's all over my Facebook and Twitter :-D

Back