High School Headbands?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 14, 2010
I've been hearing and reading about UCA wanting "headpieces" to not be large or in the front of your head. AKA they want the bows to be back farther for a more collegiate look. The tops on my team all happen to have bob haircuts (trying to be like orange I think haha). So when they put bows in, its right in the front of their heads, and not what UCA wants. So my question for everyone is this: Are ribbon headbands acceptable for UCA high school cheer? I've seen all star teams do this quite a bit for girls with short hair and I think its adorable.

I first heard about this rule (if you'd call it that) 2 years ago. They put it out back then and a few teams around here followed. My team did not, and most of those that did no longer do. We still wear our bows to the front, and have never been penalized or had anything said. I noticed last year at nationals it was more common to see glitzier bows on top of the head than anything else. If it helps we were in front of UCA judges today and nothing was said about our big bows! I love the headband bows too! So cute!

Back