All-Star Help A Team In Need!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've recently come into contact with an all-star team near me that is located in the inner city, and is DESPERATELY in need of a lot of things. These are kids with great work ethic and heart who come from families that can barely afford the basics in life, let alone pay for cheerleading. They work hard to fundraise, but even that is difficult in their situation. I'm reaching out to the cheer community on their behalf to see if anyone can help them. They currently practice in a rec center and have NO mats.

My gym is buddying up with them, but we are small and there's only so much we can do. This week, my senior team is making them practice bows:) They are in need of the following things:

MATS- at least 5 blue panels
UNIFORMS (currently in unlabeled crops and soffe shorts)
Practice clothes
Sneakers
Bags
Hotel/Competition fees

PLEASE PM ME if you are able to help in any way! Uniform company? Mat company? Clothing company? Anyone.... They are non-profit so any donations are considered a tax write-off:)

I'm with Rudags. I don't own a company, but you know I'd love to come help them out if they need it! I can also help with choreo.

Knowing you, you'll fall crazy in love with these kids just like we have lol..... Let me know next time you're up, my business partner and are trying to go once a week just to help them with cleaning and fixing things. Yesterday we had to change their opening and their stunts. Next week, we tackle the jump section and pyramid! I was so nervous about them stunting on the hard floor, I almost had a heart attack!

I wish this was happening last spring instead of now. My mom closed her gym and had a LOT of equipment to get rid of...we would have much preferred to donate to a good cause than what ended up happening to all of it. :(

Is there anything individuals can do? If so, let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Hi everyone,

I've recently come into contact with an all-star team near me that is located in the inner city, and is DESPERATELY in need of a lot of things. These are kids with great work ethic and heart who come from families that can barely afford the basics in life, let alone pay for cheerleading. They work hard to fundraise, but even that is difficult in their situation. I'm reaching out to the cheer community on their behalf to see if anyone can help them. They currently practice in a rec center and have NO mats.

My gym is buddying up with them, but we are small and there's only so much we can do. This week, my senior team is making them practice bows:) They are in need of the following things:

MATS- at least 5 blue panels
UNIFORMS (currently in unlabeled crops and soffe shorts)
Practice clothes
Sneakers
Bags
Hotel/Competition fees

PLEASE PM ME if you are able to help in any way! Uniform company? Mat company? Clothing company? Anyone.... They are non-profit so any donations are considered a tax write-off:)
I'm also interested in what individuals can do. Which city is this? How many kids? Maybe an individual or group of individuals can sponsor a child. I would like to do that and maybe get an update on how the child is doing. Please let me know.

I'm also interested in what individuals can do. Which city is this? How many kids? Maybe an individual or group of individuals can sponsor a child. I would like to do that and maybe get an update on how the child is doing. Please let me know.

Yes, absolutely! I'll PM you the information. THANK YOU! :)

I wish this was happening last spring instead of now. My mom closed her gym and had a LOT of equipment to get rid of...we would have much preferred to donate to a good cause than what ended up happening to all of it. :(

Is there anything individuals can do? If so, let me know and I'd be happy to help!

PMing you the info:) Anyone can donate any amount! I started a kickstarter project for them, but haven't put it up yet because I want to get video of them next week when I go. For right now, I can put you in contact with the coach:)

PMing you the info:) Anyone can donate any amount! I started a kickstarter project for them, but haven't put it up yet because I want to get video of them next week when I go. For right now, I can put you in contact with the coach:)
I sent her an e-mail. Waiting on a reply. Let us know about the kickstarter project when you get it up and running.

I would love to do something for them. Maybe I can donate competition bows. How where are they located and how many?

There are 40 girls, in the NYC tri-state area. I can pm you if you need more info, that would be lovely:)

Back